First post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Polite

SF Supporter
Hi all, this is my first post after spending a week or so reading other posts on the forum. It seems like a place of great support and kindness so thought I’d get involved.
I’m going through a tough time with anxiety and depression right now. With suicidal feelings on a regular basis as I can’t bear the intensity of the anxiety in particular.
i have a 3 year young daughter who I love dearly but just feel so detached from, and who I am struggling to look after, which is so upsetting to me and feels me with guilt. I’m off work and just feel the person I used to be is vacating me more and more each day. I’m hoping being able discuss these extreme feelings with others who understand will help me. And hopefully I can offer to support to others too. X

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hello Mr. P and welcome to SF!

Anxiety is a bear. Have you been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder? Or seen a therapist to work on that issue?

I worked for a long time in therapy to deal with anxiety issues, it has gotten better for me. I hope that, with time, it will get better for you also.

Mr Polite

SF Supporter
Hello Mr. P and welcome to SF!

Anxiety is a bear. Have you been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder? Or seen a therapist to work on that issue?

I worked for a long time in therapy to deal with anxiety issues, it has gotten better for me. I hope that, with time, it will get better for you also.
Thank you. I’m glad you’ve managed to work through it. Yes I am currently doing acceptance commitment therapy. Its very slow progress but will persevere with it.

A_J_R

Hi all, this is my first post after spending a week or so reading other posts on the forum. It seems like a place of great support and kindness so thought I’d get involved.
I’m going through a tough time with anxiety and depression right now. With suicidal feelings on a regular basis as I can’t bear the intensity of the anxiety in particular.
i have a 3 year young daughter who I love dearly but just feel so detached from, and who I am struggling to look after, which is so upsetting to me and feels me with guilt. I’m off work and just feel the person I used to be is vacating me more and more each day. I’m hoping being able discuss these extreme feelings with others who understand will help me. And hopefully I can offer to support to others too. X
Hello! I'm glad you are here. I just joined not so long ago, and this place has been a terrific source of comfort. Hope you get the same. Ad yes, talking it out is a really positive step.

I know what it's like when you get into a space where you start to feel like a stranger to yourself. It's rough and I'm so sorry.

Mr Polite

SF Supporter
Hello! I'm glad you are here. I just joined not so long ago, and this place has been a terrific source of comfort. Hope you get the same. Ad yes, talking it out is a really positive step.

I know what it's like when you get into a space where you start to feel like a stranger to yourself. It's rough and I'm so sorry.
thank you 🙏

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Welcome to forum @Mr Polite Hope you find some relief here. Anxiety and depression are a difficult mix. Have you tried any medications. I find that Ativan helps when things get really bad. You can't take it daily as it is addictive, but a couple days a week brings a lot of relief.

Mr Polite

SF Supporter
Welcome to forum @Mr Polite Hope you find some relief here. Anxiety and depression are a difficult mix. Have you tried any medications. I find that Ativan helps when things get really bad. You can't take it daily as it is addictive, but a couple days a week brings a lot of relief.
Thank you. I am taking escitalopram and diazepam when needed, but I only use this at when anxiety is excruciating.
Bot sure the antidepressant is helping though.

KindaOtiose

Hi @Mr Polite, welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you here. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment. A lot of people on this forum have been in a similar situation to you, and can understand how you're feeling. Anxiety and depression are awful, but I'm glad to here you got the help you need with therapy. You'll always have a place to share on this forum.

Stay safe. *brohug

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hey @Mr Polite I can tell you're a good parent and love your child dearly. Getting yourself treated makes you a better parent. I'm glad you're getting help through ACT and medication. And I'm glad you found us at SF. You'll always have a place here to share your thoughts and feelings. We're here for you, and we're glad to have you here.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi Mr Polite. I'm sorry you've found yourself here at the forum. I'm sure that your daughter is a great source of support for you in trying to keep you around. She deserves to have her dad :) It's hard when you feel terrible and are struggling to keep going so I'm glad you're getting help with medication. Do you have other supportive people in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00