First step

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Effect, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Effect

Effect Member

Hello everyone.

It's hard for me to introduce myself to the communities but hell... Let me give a try.

My name is Rocco(Pronounced as Roh-kas for your information)
    I am 19 years old.
    I am from Lithuania(A country close to Poland)
    I smoke
    I drink
    I used to hurt myself(Burn and cut scars on my body is embarassing...)
    The problem is... I do not trust myself and I can't trust the others.
    Tried to suicide at the age 17(Just before my 18 birthday) but 'luckily' to me I've failed.

So yeah... All I need is support and believe that I can change for better.

Thank you.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

The fact you want support and to feel better bodes well for you finding both of these things. I hope that we can help with the support you need and know that not only myself but many many other members will be here for you when you need it.

Trust is a hard issue - it takes time to gain trust and can disappear very quickly - even if the trust is in yourself. You may want to look in the forums or for members that have has self harm issues to discuss ways to deal with either the physical practicality or dealing with the scars or the emotional impact that they have on you. Sadly their is a wealth of experience for you to draw on here in that area.

I hope to see you posting or in chat in the future to increase your odds of getting the support you may need.

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

3. Effect

Effect Member

Thank you Ben for your kind words.

All I hope is to be accepted by this community.

I have some hope for this website.

4. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Welcome Rocco

You will be accepted by me along with many others here. A lot of us have similar issues.

5. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

Hi rocco, welcome to the forums, hopefully you find the things you are looking for here :) there are lots of kind and supportive people here

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Rocco, welcome..glad you have started here. Ben,pj and wolf said well to you here..look around the place some..we almost never bite.. It is safe here. Got any questions let us know..hope to hear from you again.. TC, jim

7. Effect

Effect Member

Thank you all it's really touching actually to see that there's so many people who still care about one another.

I am determined to stay here as much as possible(If I leave it just shows that I am scared for changes and that means... All program falls apart)
    I just hope that I can become a part of this community and help the others with much worse problems than mine.

Nevertheless, I am hoping to see all of you on chat box and forums.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.