first time cut

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by andyc68, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

the other day i was so down, felt like i was going thru some kind of emotional breakdown, the world was against me.
    before i knew what i was doing i had cut my arm a few times, not really deep but it bled like a bugger, just needed to feel physical pain to blot out the emotional pain.
    was really strange to watch myself drag a knife across my arm, still i done it again for a total of 13 cuts.
    that was 3 days ago, havent done it since but know i understand why this is done.
  2. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

its a weird thing to do to yourself..i know...and since you've started, next time you feel like you need to feel pain be careful of cutting. you can still get out!!!! hind sight is a great thing....use mine and don't cut again!!!!
  3. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i see you are a member since october, and it´s not weird that in such a emotional state you tried to do something new. My advice is to try to find another way to release your suffering, because if you keep like this, the sadness and the pain will start for any reason just for justify the fact of the next cut. and that will bring not only phisical pain, but emotional too. Your whole life will be depending of the next cut, or the next drop of blood you see. You will be watching a movie and just the fact of seing a knife will trigger you. Please hear taranama advice, if this was your first time, make it the last. take care, i´ll be around for a few hours;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.