First time in ages

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Marshmallow, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Last night i cut for the first time in months. I'm not exactly sure how long but about 6 months? maybe more.

I cut about 50 + times last night. I hate myself for it now. I hate myself for letting the hard work go.

It got too much. Far too much.
  2. Robin

Robin Guest

Well these things will happen viks, my CBT dr always says if you are trying to quit something then you need to replace it with something as if not more effective, I guess that's something to question yourself about and wonder how long a person can feel pain without eventually reacting to it.
  3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Like I said on MSN don't hate yourself for it. Sometimes stress becomes so overbearing the only way to cope is to revert to old ways. You are not a bad person for slipping up even if it was 50 times. Just try to remember that there are other ways to cope hun.

I'm on MSN if you need to talk and if I'm not around drop me an email and I"ll get to you ASAP.
    Take care.
  4. Will

Will Staff Alumni

:hug: Vikki.

I'm sorry. Everybody has a setback once in awhile, I did a few nights ago after a few months.
  5. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

Awww Vikkers dont hate yourself for it, these things can happen, it has happened to me a few times to since i quit and i bet to lots of others too, just try not to make a habit of it again. I guess to avoid it, you need to think of why it happened, and think of an other way to cope with it, talk with someone about it. So if something like that will happen again you know what to do instead of harming yourself. I hope you will feel better soon :hug:
  6. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Don't hate yourself for it hun. Everyone slips up. The important thing is that you had the willpower to stop for 6 months. And if you take it slowly, you can work your way back up to that again, and maybe even longer :hug:
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Don't hate yourself for it hun, everyone has slip ups, if you need to talk feel free to pm me :arms:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.