first time in three mad

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Broken_Heart, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Active Member

last night, i was sooo stressed out, i think i had an anxiety attack and i cut. not badly, but i did. it was the first time i did since may 6th...i wish i never did it. i was trying to stop. how often do people trying to stop relapse?
  2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

:hug: I can understand your frustrations. It varies for different people. Some go a few days, others go a few weeks, some go months whereas others can go years. It's all down to determination and willpower, I think. It is so easy to fall back into self harm, I've been there many a time and I went about 6 months without self harming. So disapointed with myself and angry but the thing is, you should be pleased with yourself for not self harming for a while. You didn't cut for a month, so you know you can do it.

Wipe this off as a mistake and try not to beat yourself up over it. Next time, aim for longer. You can do it. When you felt the urge to hurt yourself but you didn't within this last month, what did you do instead? I mean, distractions?
  3. onlytime

onlytime Member

i try to stop too. i want to so bad. but sometimes i get so mad or depression i feel like i have to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.