First Time Tonight

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ~*~Michelle~*~, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is my first post in this thread, but certainly not my first visit. I've been attempting to cut for a few weeks now. I don't know if this would be classified as "cutting", but tonight I managed to scratch the surface of my thumb enough to draw blood. My thumb, as oppose to wrist or leg, so that it would be far less noticeable and a smaller mark. I know it sounds horrible, but I was crying before I began cutting, and when I saw the first droplet of blood, I smiled. It felt like I was successful in releasing my pain. It felt like I had control. It's only a very tiny mark, and I'm not going anywhere near my wrists or anything, so honestly, how bad can it be if I stopped here?

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hun, I would stop if I were you. It gets worse. I am having problems now....tonight I almost cut myself. And a really nice person helped me. But I use to cut bad it got worse to where last time my cut was about an inch deep...the sooner you stop the easier it is.

You can PM me anytime you ever need to talk about it, I'll listen....don't hesitate. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take Care hun! :hug:

~Carolyn~:rose:

3. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

please

dont start... its not cool ... or fun.. or anything but another problem to overcome....carolyn is right...

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I can only echo what the others have said.
    I was in the same place as you are now a few years ago, but I really wish I stopped myself because it turns into a coping mechanism and it can spiral out of control. It may be more appropriate to say the self harm gets MORE in control. Instead of curing or helping your problems, self harm only turns into a new one and it can get to a point where you turn to it for all the negative emotions you're feeling. I know that when I feel nervous, sad, scared etc the first thing that always comes into my mind is to self harm.

Please stop self harming whilst it's at it's 'easiest', because the more you self harm, or the longer you self harm, the more difficult it will be to stop - trust us on this.

There are other, safer, ways to help reduce the pain you are feeling. Perhaps you could check out the 'alternatives to self harm' thread for ideas, or maybe talk to someone about your feelings and what is making you feel like hurting yourself. Talking can help a lot. Take care of yourself. :hug:

5. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

6. thesilence

thesilence Guest

It is NOT worth it, It's not a good outlet for pain, it doesn't satisfy or help. Sure it does, a little bit, at first, but the more you do, the more you need, harder, deeper, longer cuts, more blood...It always takes more and more to get that release.

Stop now, find a different way...I suggest you see the thread on how to not cut in a crisis, stickied to the top of the board.

The best thing you could do for yourself, your family, and your friends is listen to us. Don't go there.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT

7. Thanks for all the support, everyone. It means a lot. :hug: I haven't done it anymore since, but the urge hasn't been as strong either. I have visited those links, and they've helped a little. Thank you to those who provided them.

8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Anytime at all hun, please feel free to post as much as you want and if you ever need to talk I will always be here. :hug:

Take Care hun! :rose:

~Love,
    Carolyn~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.