First Time You Cut?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Haley-Elizabeth, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haley-Elizabeth

Haley-Elizabeth Active Member

I know there's a Last Time You Cut thread, so I'm basing this thread on that one, therefore the idea was not mine.

I was thirteen, desperately in love. (or so I thought) I carved Haley <3's Allen into my left arm. Luckily the only scar that remained was the <3's part.

2. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

3. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

in 2004 and it was small and not deep...just to see if i it helped even in the slightest

4. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

January 18th 2007 around 12:05pm In the woods near the school area with a compass whilst sitting on a tree that fell. Random scratches all over my left wrist stuck with me for life :sad:

They're not as bad as all the burns from my childhood recklessness though. =/

5. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i was 13 at the time and it was quite deep. remember asking my mum for help with cleaning wound up but she didnt care

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008
  6. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I was 24 :biggrin:
    I had done the alcohol
    I had done the sex
    I had done the career/academic suicide

I needed something new :)

Now I'm ready to try something else. Like excessive showering or painting garbage bins

7. Sparkz

Sparkz Well-Known Member

when i was 15

8. ~sal~

~sal~ Member

when i was 15, wasn't that deep

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

2002-I was 13.

10. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

Im not to sure just how old i was but i think about 10-11

I remember lying under my bed, hiding from my mum who i had had an argument with, i was so stressed i didnt know what to do. i took a compas out my school bag and dug it in.. made a few cuts. only one small scar remaines.. i got the other tattooed over.

I also remember carving a name into my arm.. what a stupid idea!

11. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I was 17, almost 18, going through alot of changes and stress. It wasn't even slightly deep and didn't scar at all, but hey, that changed after every cut. More the reasons not to do it.

12. Haley-Elizabeth

:lol: And here I was expecting this thread to flop and die after I put up the first post.

XD excessive showering and painting garbage bins.

13. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

I have no idea of the date but it was some years ago! I was around 18yrs at the time because that is when the denial in regards to my depression stopped. I had never heard of SH before this point, hardly even heard of depression. I did not know anyone with depression, nor anyone who had done such a thing to themselves. But we didn't really have the internet back then and these things are usually kept private. I have never carved words or names, i don't think i'm that creative! :dry: I'm glad i never have. Straight lined scars i can just about excuse away, a word scarred cannot be.

14. Starlightx

Starlightx Member

I was thirteen...sitting in english class, I had a safety pin in my hand under the sleeve of my sweatshirt.

15. Haley-Elizabeth

The first time I cut myself from wanting the pain to go away, I was sixteen. I had an ice pick for some reason in my backpack and I was in algebra class. I cut the top of my wrist very deep. I did it under the desk. I remember thinking, "it's so funny that teachers don't even notice."

16. Mayal

Mayal Well-Known Member

I was six or seven i think, after i fell in the playground at school and split my chin, i had to have stitches and my father freaked out, he hated the fact that i had been hurt and he had not been the one to do it, so it gave me the idea to cut myself, and even though the beatings and r*pes were worst than normal, i liked the power, it was one of a couple of things he could not stop me doing, no matter how much they tried to stop it. from that age till just a few months ago, i cut almost every day.

17. jam1e

jam1e Guest

When i was 12.
    Just scratches really.
    I think i did it out of protest as my dad had died that year and my mum was always out screwing whatever bloke she could get her hands on!!:mad:

18. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

march 2007.

19. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

a few months ago.. i didnt get any good feeling from it, so i never cut again

20. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

A few months ago when school started and I was15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.