First time

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Failure, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Failure

Failure Well-Known Member

Although I guess the word 'trigger' is triggering for some people.
    Like me.

Now since I've been diagnosed with clinical depression I have been, I guess, self harming. I wouldn't do it so that it would actually pierce the skin, but would leave a mark. Si has been on my mind for at least 2 weeks, non stop. I have had dreams about it and can't stop thinking about it. But last night, was my actual first time of cutting. And I felt relieved and a lot better. Now, today, I feel like crap to say the least. You can see it and there is no way I can cover it up completely, as I have a uniform that I need to wear. I've only told one person about have I've been these past days, and he understands, but I don't know how to tell anyone else. I don't think I can. Distractions don't distract me, and I can't stop doing it. The thing is, I can't tell people becasue I would seem like I'm attention seeking.
    I'm sorry, I just needed to get it off my chest. Is there any way I can somehow make it easier to tell someone?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and thanks for adding the trigger warning, that shows part of your personality think of how others may be affected. That's a great trait to have.
    As for to how to tell someone you have SH problem I have to ask, how did you tell the person you did ask? I'm REALLY glad he understood because not everyone will. Who do you feel would benefit from knowing this or is it just something you need to get off your chest and get support?
  3. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi, it's good you have someone to talk to. I tried to talk to someone and it didn't go down well so you should be happy you have a very good person there for you.

Hang in there and keep talking to get things off your chest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.