first time...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by cloud9, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I had alcohol for the first time today....
    I tried a Corona Extra....and to tbh, I thought it tasted disgusting. I think it took me the whole hour to down the bottle lol. I'm not sure how someone acquires a taste to this stuff. I mean you'd have to go through a lot of bottles, and if this is one of the better tasting beers out there.....then yuck!

It sort of made my stomach upset. I mean I'm not sure if it was the knowledge that I was doing something I shouldn't be doing or just the fact that it was my first time, but it tasted terrible and my stomach didn't feel any better about it.

When I got home I went straight to brush my teeth. Don't want my parents to know that's for sure...

2. PokerDonkey

PokerDonkey Active Member

You don't drink beer for the taste, you drink it to feel better. As for the taste you keep trying different ones until you find the right one for you.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I also don't understand why people enjoy drinking alcohol excessively. An occasional drink is fine, but it's an acquired taste I guess. :drunk:

4. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Beer isn't really meant to taste good. At least I don't think so. It's meant to make you drunk. :B

It is somewhat of an acquired taste too. It tastes awful the first time (I had one spoonful that was put into my soda and it tasted awful. This one was literally watered down by my soda, and it still tasted like crap to me).

I think the main reason your stomach got upset is because you were worried.

5. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

OMG! you finally did it! yeah, alcohol tastes awful but corona is one of the worst tasting beers from what i remember. =((((

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  6. someone uk

someone uk Well-Known Member

i am not much of a beer fan myself, i only drink it when i am already drunk
    i haven't been properly drunk for years :(, it takes too much now

well i personally don't like beer though i usually drink "girly drinks" and cocktails,
    the best drinks are mixed imo

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

The first time in your life? Wow. I've been socially drinking for years, but I must agree, beer is gross, not my thing at all. I like mixed drinks better.

8. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I hate beer and larger, I drink cider; kopperberg or bulmers with blackcurrent, or spirits; rum, vodka mixers, goldslarger, whiskey an odd time, or cocktails; woowoo's, daquaris, long island ice teas.

You just gotta find what drink you like the best really, spirits are harded on you, but go down much nicer

9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

hey if you don't like the stuff you don't have to drink....
    don't give in to peer pressure...do what you think is right..
    I hate what alcohol does to people.....
    I have an alcoholic sil..not pretty
    remember it's addictive too...:hugtackles:

10. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I hate beer. I only drink it when there's nothing else/when playing pong. Regardless, I don't drink for the taste, as others said. I love the feeling, not worrying about anything... But yeah I mean if you don't like it just don't do it. You're probably better off that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.