1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fixed eating skedules?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by the masked depressant, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

has this happened to anyone else

i find that i can only eat a certain meal at a certain time

for example, i alwways have to eat my dinner at 6 in the evening. if i try a minit earlier, my body's not ready, an if i try 1 minit late- it makes me ill.

just wondering- if anyone has experienced this?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sound like obsessive disorder almost i can't say i have ever been that way at all I hope others who can relate get back to you on it though hugs

3. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

I cant say ive experienced the same thing, but when i was anorexic (my boyfriend thinks i am still am at least borderline, but thats another story) when i got hungry it only lasted through a basic meal period. like id be hungry from like 12-1 and once the time frame was over i wasnt hungry anymore. the same thing happened around dinner time id be hungry from like 5-6 and once i got through that part i was fine and not hungry anymore...its not quite the same thou

4. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

thats weird but something i hadnt thought of as a problem. my first meal of the day is between 1230 and 1300 and i get anxious if its outside of this time, but until your post never associated anything real with it. if someone phones to say can they call at these times, i cant deal with it, it throws me out...but ofc that may not be for the same reason as you do stuff...i am a time and place kinda person at the moment.

oops...time for drink..gtg :biggrin:

5. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

what you are describing is actually an interesting concept.

i wonder how common that is?

6. KimKim

KimKim Well-Known Member

I can't eat when I'm hungry...it just doesn't make me want to eat because I still WANT to be hungry...so to make me eat it's very important that I know when it's time to.
    also it's important that someone is with me while I'm eating...at first it was awful to be watched but I got used to it and now I can't have lunch without my mother being around...if she's not home yet I wait until she comes back.
    If she can't be around for some reasons I later tell her what I ate and how it was...

7. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

I find that my body has "hungry times" and "not hungry times", but I've never found that I become ill if I eat at a "not hungry time".

I used to feel fatter at 8 o'clock, when my bulimia was really bad, and then I'd make myself sick, but I didn't ever throw up naturally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.