fixed eating skedules?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by the masked depressant, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

has this happened to anyone else

i find that i can only eat a certain meal at a certain time

for example, i alwways have to eat my dinner at 6 in the evening. if i try a minit earlier, my body's not ready, an if i try 1 minit late- it makes me ill.

just wondering- if anyone has experienced this?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sound like obsessive disorder almost i can't say i have ever been that way at all I hope others who can relate get back to you on it though hugs

3. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

I cant say ive experienced the same thing, but when i was anorexic (my boyfriend thinks i am still am at least borderline, but thats another story) when i got hungry it only lasted through a basic meal period. like id be hungry from like 12-1 and once the time frame was over i wasnt hungry anymore. the same thing happened around dinner time id be hungry from like 5-6 and once i got through that part i was fine and not hungry anymore...its not quite the same thou

4. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

thats weird but something i hadnt thought of as a problem. my first meal of the day is between 1230 and 1300 and i get anxious if its outside of this time, but until your post never associated anything real with it. if someone phones to say can they call at these times, i cant deal with it, it throws me out...but ofc that may not be for the same reason as you do stuff...i am a time and place kinda person at the moment.

oops...time for drink..gtg :biggrin:

5. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

what you are describing is actually an interesting concept.

i wonder how common that is?

6. KimKim

KimKim Well-Known Member

I can't eat when I'm hungry...it just doesn't make me want to eat because I still WANT to be hungry...so to make me eat it's very important that I know when it's time to.
    also it's important that someone is with me while I'm eating...at first it was awful to be watched but I got used to it and now I can't have lunch without my mother being around...if she's not home yet I wait until she comes back.
    If she can't be around for some reasons I later tell her what I ate and how it was...

7. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

I find that my body has "hungry times" and "not hungry times", but I've never found that I become ill if I eat at a "not hungry time".

I used to feel fatter at 8 o'clock, when my bulimia was really bad, and then I'd make myself sick, but I didn't ever throw up naturally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.