Fixing what's broken...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MysteryGirl, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysteryGirl

MysteryGirl New Member

I've been suicidal for years. I don't think I actually have the nerve to do it but I often feel like dying. I believe I know what may be causing my depression. How do I go about fixing these problems? Where do I start. If i'm not actually going to do the deed, I have to try and fix myself somehow. I don't know how long I'd be alive and I'd rather not always be sad/angry with a smile masking it. Any advice?​
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...maybe it is time to talk to someone professionally and explore what your depression is about...if you do not know anyone you can either get a reccomendation from your MD or someone who has felt his/her provider is effective...also your MD can refer you to a psychiatrist to explore what avenues are available to deserve to feel better...welcome again
  3. MysteryGirl

MysteryGirl New Member

Thanks for the reply...That's a hard one as it is very hard to open up to people to talk to them.
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hi :)

It is hard. I avoided it for many many years myself. Last month, at age 28, I went for the first time. It... was not quite as bad as I thought it would be. GP's see people about depression/anxiety all the time. They will ask questions, but those questions will be based more around facts (how bad? for how long? family history? etc.) than sensitive emotional topics. The hard questions were ones that could be answered yes or no, which helped me get through it easier. After that the doctor will probably ask about other non-depression related things to rule out physical explanations for the problems you are experiencing. They may send you for blood tests. If those come back okay, they'll give a referral and may give you the option of starting on meds if you are okay with that.

take care of yourself and be safe, okay? :hug:
  5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi Mgirl and welcome to SF.. Sadeyes already said my thoughts.. try to get some professional help for yourself.. hard to get started talking but can help a heck of a lot.. also possibly some psychh meds to help with the depression maybe a really good thing for you.. both of these have saved my life and just might do the same for you.. tc, Jim
  6. MysteryGirl

MysteryGirl New Member

Thank you everyone!!! I'll look into it...I'm not sure about the meds part but if worse comes to absolute worse, then I will look into that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.