Flaming on a Support Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion

Not this site by the way. Another site I recently decided to join for my Social Anxiety. If anybody has read my recent diary entries on here, I mentioned that I was leaving that site because I noticed there were quite a few bad apples & barbaric behavior being taken place. Well.. I was stupid enough to try the site out again & even more stupid to use my picture as my avatar. Sure enough I got pissed off yet again by smart asses that seem like most of everyone else in this world that harshly judge people. I even started questioning to myself "Do some of these people even have Social Anxiety or do they consider just not liking people a form of it cause they're being very judgmental". Then I replied to a "compliment the person above you" thread.. Also a big mistake cause I hate people saying something about my pictures. I noticed that there was a notification that someone replied a few minutes after me. I clicked to see what it said and their post had been deleted. I don't know if they insulted me & a moderator deleted the insult or they said something odd about me that wasn't acceptable to the site. We're not able to delete our posts so it had to be one of those 2.. The person that posted that deleted post even visited my page by what my visitors box said.. Last but not least I had someone pointing me out about a post I made about blushing a lot. They really made me feel like garbage with some of the things they said. I don't think they were trying to be mean but it sure sounded that way the first few sentences.. Especially aiming that at me out of all those people. I'm sorry if I sound vulnerable but that just pissed me off & hurt me at the same time.. The fact that I'm pointed out & made fun of on a support site has really got me upset. Am I just not acceptable to people or something? This is the only site I've never been judged & pointed out on. Ugh... Why is it always me!? ALWAYS ME DAMMIT! That "Oh I bet you're fine" shit I hear at first from most people is always a load of BULL. I could probably become a billionaire by making bets if people will like me or not.

OH! About that site.. Did I mention that all most people do on there is advertise tricks to getting rid of social anxiety in 1-2 days that don't actually work? I mean seriously.. WHAT THE HELL!? I'm extremely ashamed to have Social Anxiety now cause apparently a lot of assholes have it to. I posted an official goodbye sentence to the site & some of the responses were "Bye. Nobody will miss you I'm pretty sure".

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
I do not get the mentality of someone who would do that, and am very harsh when I see that here...we cannot teach compassion, I am sad to say, but we can rid those who lack it from SF as soon as we find them...we have zero tolerance here...so sorry you were treated that way...I also had an horrific experience at another site, where I was told to get over my physical disabilities and that I was making too much of them...not just by one person, but by several...the saddest thing is that these ppl have to live with themselves and one thing we can feel blessed about is that we are not them...I am glad you are here, and please let us know if anyone EVER treats you that way here...J

Illusion

Thanks for the kind words Sadeyes. & yeah it is wrong for flaming to be on a support site. I know thats human nature but really, a support site?
Especially with others in the same boat as you? Its so silly.

nolonger

yea, I had read your diary post about the other website....i'm not a stalker :P *shower music from psycho* lol

anyway, it is really fuckin stupid that there are wankers out there that do this kinda of crap on a 'support' website.

thats why i dont really go onto any other social/communication sites. I have FB but i only have like 22 "friends" and 98% of them I don't even talk to in real life(besides like one friend that I hadn't seen in over 7 years). and even with facebook, i quickly go on for a few seconds, scroll around, then come back to SF. or browse Ebay....lol.

they're lucky i've never learnt how to trace someones IP >:P

starryeyed

Its a joke.i was on support site where I was actually abused.i posted a puc.one nice person said I didnt deserve compliments.
I got banned for five months but these ppl who abusex me werent.i begged them to come on.i was so unsafe.they ignored all my emails.
Thats when I came here.best thing ever happened to me

Illusion

Finding this site was the best thing to ever happen to me as well.
& Mac.. Its okay if you say no, but do ya wanna add me on facebook?
If you wanna, then just search [email protected] on there.. I don't care who knows my email & facebook on here. I trust this site. :3. If you get the name Miranda Wood pulled up & see a chubby emo looking girl with a baby face then thats me. XD

You adding me would give me someone to talk to on there for once e___e. Nobody ever speaks to me hardly.

nolonger

i sent a request :P

i dont have any pics of me on facebook because i don't like getting photos taken. i might add one later but i need to find one somewhere first lol

Illusion

I don't like pictures taken of myself either.. My profile one is from last night though.. I got so bored that I decided to do some pictures. Only bad thing about them is that my hair was oily lol.

Monoka

Thanks for the kind words Sadeyes. & yeah it is wrong for flaming to be on a support site. I know thats human nature but really, a support site?
i dont understand how people can, especially on that sort of forum. maybe its because we are all in the same boat in one way or another that we can empathise and be supportive. but still, if their only flaming, surly they must know its wrong. :(
what do they get out of it??
:argh:

SAVE_ME

It's sad but it does happen. Every site probably has its fair share of bad apples. Don't let it get to you though. People will be people and people just suck in general. But for every bad apple I'm sure there's a nice juicy one out there too. Just a matter of picking out the rotten ones (God, do I love metaphors :tongue:). Just be thankful that you've now discarded the unworthy ones and no longer have to deal with them.

preatty much every support site i visited, first thing i bumped into was people being there to be cruel to people thet come there for support

here you either get response to you suicidal post the next day so if ur not ded youll get to read it, or if you go in chat people stop talking and lieve if you talk about issues and being suicidal seen it about 3 times at least, felt like im the local idiot for actually talking to the person, was also on "recovere your life" and first thing i bumped into was a convo in chat where someone was being cruel to another whineing about thet she fees alone and cant talk to anyone, she got replyes like your just dumb pick up the phone and call someone. After person left upset i talked to the other person and she assumed she was just being cruel, as she stated, just like everyone else there, and she was right, first thing i noticed was a lot of silence treatment and i was compleatly ignored in chat, was not expecting anything was just
looking to see if all sites r the same, and that was a site supposedly for abuse victims
i also tried the anxiety ones a while back but those look to crazy to even get close to as much as it concernes me, its like all the manic psychos r sociphobic lol

preatty much everywhere there is the happy perfect groups treating people that need help like shit and aggravating them and making them lieve
and yeah i can make a list but this was on top of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00