flashbacks and nightmares are getting rly bad

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Hanging by a thread, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanging by a thread

Hanging by a thread Well-Known Member

I've told my doctor what happened when i was 8, and its all coming back to me in nightmares and flashbacks. i think i made a mistake by going back to the place where it happened, its triggered me off rly bad and now all i wanna do is take loads of tablets and suffer my way through death as i have done life. What can i do - i want to 4get

2. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

You wont be able to forget it but you can get help so that you can learn to cope with it. What was done was terrible thing. Has the doc offered you counselling. Has ther person that did things to you had justice brought to them?

3. Hanging by a thread

theys havent had justise cause i dont kno who they r now - i used to. they want me to go 2 a clinic to get help. I just wanna die - i cant take 2nite x

4. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

It will get harder before you can heal. Chances are you've locked all of the fear, pain, emotions and memories away, which for a while would help. But now you've let them out, in order to start healing, and that is hard. I know, because I've just started letting out my demons too. But don't give up. It will get better as you begin to come to terms with what has happened.

If I can do it, so can you. We'll do it together.
    PM me if you need to talk, and take care of yourself,
    Lauren :hug:

5. Hanging by a thread

thank you lauren, its rly hard atm but i got an appointmaent with the phyciatrist on tuesday, but i'm rly worried cause i dont think i'm ready 2 talk about it in detail yet :(

6. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Don't worry if you don't think you can let it all out on Tuesday. If it helps, you could try to write down your feelings, so that you don't actually have to say as much at your appointment. A good psychiatrist will not force you to say things if you don't feel happy disclosing them all at once, so you can build up trust with them before having to tell them everything.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you,
    Lauren
    :hug:

7. Hanging by a thread

i might write it all down, probally the best thing to do cause i go all funny if i have to talk bout it all x

8. tintin

tintin Guest

hello.
    i just wanted t let you know counsellin isnt too bad...
    i have been goin 4 6 months coz a wa raped frm age ov 8 til 17 nd it stil goin on....
    i felt jus lyk you i jus wanted t tke pills nd go to sleep nd nt wake up.
    thru the day is awful i go all clammy nd cnt breathe if ppl say things bout it t me..
    the counsellor is really gd. she understands, she just lets me sit ther quietly if i want for the whole hour.
    i hope your counselling goes ok.
    love becca
    x xx x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.