Flashbacks and Nightmares-do they ever stop *pos trig*

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by mixedemotions, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

So I suffer from flashback of my past and really bad nightmares. Most times the nightmares are actually flashbacks themselves. The worse my depression is, the more often I have them, and they really get to me, I really just want them to stop. Some times I'm so scared to sleep that I try to stay awake.. it never works.
    They can get so bad, that some times I wish I just wouldn't wake up. It would make things much more easier for my self.. but not for my loved one. It is astho I'm going through the abuse all again. I really cant handle this any more. Its just all to much.

I've never really spoken openly about the abuse I went through but I think it's time I did.. I just dont know where to start. Really gets to me. (like alot of people on the site, I try to forget)

The flashbacks and nightmares are not just related to the sexual abuse I went through, some times I have nightmares of the horrible times I went through when my brother got sent to prison.. other times I get nightmares of what might happen when he gets out... it not gonna be easy

I'm so scared

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Sorry to hear that you're having these nightmares Janey. I've read that sometimes nightmares may be the result of repressed thoughts (in your case, traumatic memories). Maybe talking about them will help? :hug:

3. mixedemotions

Gonna try talk to my pysc about it in my next session. maybe he can do summit

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I think that you really need to talk about these things. Either with your therapist or with someone else you feel safe chatting to. Best of luck.S.:smile:

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

If your brother is the one who abused you then you can get an order that when they are about to let him out they have to notify you. also you can get a restraining order to keep him away from you. If he gets caught getting to close then his butt will be right back in prison for breaking the restraining order. He probably have a parole officer he has to report to. maybe you can let him know about your fear...Take Care and we are here for you!!~Joseph~

6. mixedemotions

My brother is not the one that abused me! NO way...
    Just my brother being sent to prison really affected me, making all my depression to come back to a head. I couldn't cope with him not being here to support me, when i needed him the most, and it still hurts now knowing that things will never be the same, even when he is out.

But to make it clear, he is not that the one that abused me.

Don't think bad of him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.