Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by blackorchidx33, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Having a really rough week. The dreams/ flashbacks are getting worse. Any ideas, on how to stop them?

I need a good nights sleep for once. :(

This is getting ridiculous!!!!!!
  2. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

stopping them is hard, I take a shit load of xanax or klonopin when mine are really bad just to numb me out and to get some sleep. Not a long term strategy, but for now it works.

Is something triggering you? Can you talk about it? Or write about it? Try to limit the thing or person that is triggering you, if there is one.

Excercise also helps make me tired, try going for a walk or run to wear yourself out before bed time.

Stay grounded when you have a flashback, keep your feet on the floor, touch something in the room, and say out loud, I am safe now, it is August of 2007, I am safe here....etc...

It sucks to deal with flashbacks, but they will eventually ease up. If they don't then tell a doctor or therapist and they might be able to help you. PTSD is very hard to treat, it is a long process, but you will heal in time. So, just hang on for now and be extra nice to yourself right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.