flashbacks....

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Passion, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

I get flashbacks pretty bad,
    and when i get them I really don't know what to tell my friends.
    i'm too scared to tell them what it actually is cause i think they will judge me.
    not judge me like they will think its my fault, but judge me like "omg she has so many problems"
    i dont know what to do.

2. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

please feel free to pm me or call a crisis line. those are just a couple of sugestions, but no matter what make sure you share them with your counselor so she can help you get through these things. that is how i handled mine a few years ago. honestly, i really felt better about some of it. meaning they don't bother me as deeply as they once did. it's worth a shot.
    you can share with me i will think nothing less of you by any means.

please take care

3. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Heya,

Do you know what sets the flashbacks off?

Try and remember that you are not there and that it is not happening. It is hard to tell someone who you know about this...Is one of your friends someone that you can trust a lot? Flashbacks are really hard to copoe with...I suffer from them as well. Having someone that knows what is happening and can recognise it does help.

If they see you having one and they do not know what is happening they may be making judgements on that sometimes it is easier to let someone know coz then they can talk you out of one when you have one.

Also I would suggest that you go and see your gp and find a therapist. It would help to talk and it would help you learn to cope and control the flashbacks.

Here if you want to talk. PM me if you want to.

:hug:

Sam
    xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.