Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by LotusFlower, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

My flashbacks are so bad right now and have been for a while. I feel so small. It is so hard sometimes that my husband says I don't even reconize him. I can't seem to stop the body meomries or the flashes. Sometimes I feel like I am going to throw up. I just want it to stop. I can't bring myself to do anything today but stay in bed in my pjs and read. I have read so many books latelty just trying to find something to help me forget. But it is not working. I am losing more and more time with the disosation. What am I supposed to do?
  2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

get the phone to your bed and call someone who can come help you

i don't know exactly what kind of flashbacks you are having but they can suck big time

mine always take me back to moments in my life that are either the most embarassing, painful, or shameful - they come for no apparent reason, usually at the most inconvenient times, with a vividness that just punches me in the stomach and makes me drop to my knees

keep talking here, we're listening

but please try to call
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey you need to talk with professional okay Get help to deal with these flashbacks to deal with the past issues. Call you doctor and get some help so you can get this under control There is help okay please keep reaching out here and pick up phone and call your doctor get your husband to phone the doctor for you.
  4. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

I have talked to my doctor about it and she says that I am having a bad flair up of PTSD. They have changed my medications some (I started taking them again about 2 weeks ago know that I have coverage) I just want to crawl in a hole and forget everything and never come out.
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

do you know grounding methods?

body memories accompanied with the dissociation, can be helped by healing that is based around paying extra attention to your body cos it was under attack probably resulting in trauma..

ie, warm showers, baths giving yourself a massage, warm nutritious food, good sleep, however long that might be, fresh clean clothes,

paying extra attention to all 5 senses. light some sweet stuff to burn, gentle exercise. most importantly trying every way to build up a boundary, a skin ,so memories don't cut you and you're not feeling too overwhelmed,

when you do, then just having a container to contain them, can help- drawing, singing, writing, screaming..otherwise it's there's more likelihood in being buried with depression and trying to forget it's happening.it's how to look after yourself so you have a good defense when it's happening. it's difficult when you're in the thick of it though, i know..
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.