Flesh and Bone

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by ManWithoutAName, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Didn't come together quite like I wanted it to, but this is my first attempt in maybe three or four years to get back into writing. Not so much for anybody in particular as it is for every woman I've loved or who as ever loved me, every woman who has tried to tame or break me, and every woman who was just passing through. Maybe one of these days I can learn to be stronger : (.

In her gentle eyes I'm unbreakable.
    In her loving eyes I'm a superman,
    Forged of steel, and unwavering in strength.
    But I'm a man of simple flesh and bone.
    How I would carry her world if I could,
    Bare it upon my shoulders for my love,
    Would it not instead crush me and break me.
    But how it would crush her to know I'm weak.
    So I put on a smile, feign might and strength,
    Hope upon hope she never sees through me.

2. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Desiderata

Above all, be yourself. Never feign affection or be cynical in matters of the heart. In spite of all the aridity and disenchantment of our world, love is the Eternal evergreen of the Universe. Never allow it to die in your own heart, for it will always return in some way, even if at times it may not look like it. Only through life’s tests and trials can our capacity for loving deepen and mature. Therefore, take the counsel of the years with kindness, and surrender the things of youth with grace. Nurture yourself and develop strength of spirit in good times, so that it becomes your shield when the going gets rough. Do not distress yourself with imaginings though and bear in mind that fatigue and loneliness can be the cause of many fears.

From ‘Desiderata’

‘Words & Prayers of Comfort & Healing’

With love and light,
    Aquarius

:hug:​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.