Florida Teen Live-Streams His Suicide Online

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by seithkein, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

2. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

There are people who enjoy sick things. Like ogrish.com and some other similar sites where people enjoy and "lol" at videos of behadings, mutilation of dead bodies etc etc.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

As one who does watch such things, and read about such things, I will say that there is no "lol" or even true enjoyment. It's a very strange feeling... Depressing and yet engaging.

4. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Its so messed up... see my post regarding bodybuilding.com(the site that taunted him while he died and made fun of him after they found out he was pronounced dead).

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That's awful:sad:

6. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Im sure he was in great distress and torment before he died, but what did he get out of videoing the whole thing I dont understand. And this isnt the first time this has happened either, do they think they will get some sort of celebrity status out of it? A sign of the times I guess, people will do anything to get in the public eye :unsure:.

7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I'm under the impression he'd been a member of that board for a while. Meaning, I don't see how he could have figured he'd get an understanding or even sympathetic hearing.

Doesn't excuse those who acted like tools, certainly, but I'd like to assign their conduct to a combination of stupidity and boorishness more than any real viciousness. At least most of those who made stupid comments, anyway.

8. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

True but it doesnt mean its not foolish to expect help from people from the internet (apart from support sites like this place.) When you are a spinless insecure litte bastard, and you can say whatever you want without any threat of the victim finding you, the internet brings out the very worst of people. Sometimes it makes me feel like someone should just nuke the fuck out of all of us and be done with it :dunno:.

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I heard about this story today. It's really sad that there are people out there who actually enjoy watching someone die. :sad:

10. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

One of the "jokes" after they found out he was dead, was to post a photoshopped pic saying "brb getting pills". There is a difference between thinking someone is trolling and egging them on and blatently having no regard for human life.

11. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

people on that body building forum are essentially inhuman, just a shame people like that are common in this country for the most part

12. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

As an international student in US, I always felt that Americans (for the most part) are very polite and helpful as opposed to my own country and some other countries that I've visited.

13. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

really damn, where are you from

I think people might be more phony up front here and more likely to talk crap about you behind your back but that could be like that anywhere

14. Random

Random Well-Known Member

It does.

But look at it this way. It doesn't bring out anything in people that wouldn't be there anyway. You just wouldn't be able to observe it very easily without the internet.

It's not as if it's anything new. People have always been this way. People generally behave themselves in real life when everybody is watching them but a lot of people don't know the internet isn't as anonymous as they think it is.

And then, some people are just morons who don't care. They'll say anything just to see what they said on the screen and to know they got a rise out of somebody or affected them in some way.

In a way, you're right. But if they weren't doing it online, they'd find some other outlet for their nasty little schemes. At least this way, the guy who killed himself made his own choice. They may have taunted him and it may have been sick and stupid and cruel but he made the final decision.

15. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

yeah its like that everywhere, fakeness.

poor guy and to have ppl make fun of him its sick, it makes me want to cry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.