fluoxetine

TSS

Does this have a side affect of making one fog brained? sorry i do not know the terminology. What ever the opposite of being clear thinking and having proper perception.

MagickLynx

SF Supporter
I think that it does. I'm pretty sure it was on the list. It caused me to be suicidal when prior to taking it.. about 7 years ago.. I had been feeling ok. I had to stop taking it right away.

Maggoo

Fluoxetine is Prozac, the foggy headed tired feeling I think is a common side effect. It can go away after a while once your body gets used to the medication, but obviously if it is really bad I would discuss with your doctor and they might discuss an alternative. I take Duloxetine which is in the same family of drugs but not the same and it did at first make me a bit more strange than usual.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I didn't get that from it. I thought the stuff was amazing actually, the only med that ever did a dang thing for me in decades.
Everything is different for all of us. How long have you been taking it?

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Fluoxetine was the first anti-depressant that worked for me as well. Before that I tried a few of the older ones with no luck. It took about three weeks to kick in but when it did, it really did. How long has it been for you @TSS? Is this your first time on SSRI meds?

TSS

I think its the third time. First time I am not sure if I noticed any help. The second time I would have been in my car crying instead of going to work, This time, maybe I would be worse if not for that? Oh I think its been a couple weeks.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
I think its the third time. First time I am not sure if I noticed any help. The second time I would have been in my car crying instead of going to work, This time, maybe I would be worse if not for that? Oh I think its been a couple weeks.
I’ve been on and off SSRIs for 20 years and I’ve found they take longer and longer to work, and at this stage I don’t feel like they’re doing much (I’m on 40mg fluoxetine.) I just stay on them because they are a nightmare to start taking and not much fun to stop. My problem now is definitely more anxiety than depression though. Anyway, I remember them taking something like 8 weeks to work (it’s always been quite noticeable when they do work.)

TSS

Thank you for sharing your experience. That is good to know. I think it might be kicking in for me because I was able to do a lot today. But my issue is this: My situation in life has not improved, if any thing its gotten worse. so I take the meds so I can tolerate a life that sucks?

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Thank you for sharing your experience. That is good to know. I think it might be kicking in for me because I was able to do a lot today. But my issue is this: My situation in life has not improved, if any thing its gotten worse. so I take the meds so I can tolerate a life that sucks?
Basically, yeah o_O I think a lot of people’s lives suck at the moment because there’s a huge gap between our expectations and reality. There are too many lies, basically. My psychiatrist recommended a book called The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris, based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. The first few chapters alone are worth having a look at.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00