Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by mixedemotions, Apr 15, 2009.

1. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

If any of you have read my other threads, you will know what last month I made a joint decision with my doctor and pysc that it was time for me to come off my medication or at least take a break.
    this thread here

Well as the month went on my systoms come back quick and fast. i was suddenly having more and more urges to self harm again, and at some points even having thought on suicide.

So today, I had an appointment with my pysc and I told him how I was feeling. So he has decided to put me back onto some anti-depressants. But this time I am on some thing I haven't been on before.

So really all i'm asking is...
    has any one here been on these them selves? and what should i expect?
    (my pysc says that these are commonly used and have been proven to be most effective in cases like my own).

And I would also like to say, that if any one ever thinks they are ready to come off their medication, please do think over it, as it is the meds that will props be making you feel better.
    Always ask for advice from your doctor/pysc (whatever) before trying to come off medication.

Soo yeah.... Has any one been on Fluoxetine before?
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Yep I'm on them, have been for ages.

Anything you want to know specifically?
  3. mixedemotions

did they make you worse before you got better?
    (I know alot of anti-depressants do)

do they make you tired?
    (i took my first one earlier and I got a bad head and fell asleep lol)

Do you think they work for you?
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

they didn't make me feel worse, but they did take quite a long time to work.

i am ALWAYS tired :laugh:

and yeah, i think thy do work.

just remember that everyone is different
  5. mixedemotions

Yeah, I suppose every one is different.

I'm just hoping they help me :)

Do you take yours on a morning or night?
    I've been told to take them on a morning :/
  6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Morning .......... (well afternoon when I get up :laugh: )
  7. mixedemotions

I can see that happening to me aswell lol

Well wish me luck :)

he he

thanks for talking to me :)
  8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Good luck :smile:

Text or PM me if there;s anything else you want to know
  9. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I was on it before but I had to stop taking them after a few months because of the side effects. They took ages to work, I only felt a difference after I was put on the max. dose, and that was after two months or so. But they did help me...shame about the side effects...they were the only ones to ever help me as well :/
  10. mixedemotions

I've been reading up on them and the side effects. I hope I don't get any thing to bad.

So far.. i've had dizzines and i'm really tired
  11. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i've just been put on it today, wondering abour effects, reading this so far i'm not looking forward to it
  12. canis-lupis

canis-lupis Well-Known Member

I only been on the for 5 weeks and no side effects thankfully but also dont seem to feel any effect ?
    :unsure: :huh::huh:
  13. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

Been on it for two months, no side effects but no other effects as well. In two days I am going to go back and start on something stronger, Seroxat(Paxil).
  14. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Ive been on Seroxat (paxil) and if you have never been on them before be VERY VERY careful. I started to feel suicidal because of Seroxat and tried many times until they worked out that it was Seroxat that was causing it. Dont get me wrong it does work for some people but you have to be very careful with this medication.
  15. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

i was on that, made me tired gave me headaches ended up falling alseep at work, which wasnt good, i took mine at night, but it didnt get rid the tiredness.. lost my appetite, but everyone is different...
  16. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I was on them for about 6 months but i decided to stop taking them as i felt
    numb. I was always tired and somedays felt worse. As a lot of people said,
    they affect everyone differently
  17. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

Took 20mg Prozac for two months, no effects at all, not even side effects...

I have recently switched over to 20mg Seroxat, works like a charm.
  18. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Good :D
  19. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

Haha, did not I responded to myself :doh:
  20. the Hollow

the Hollow Well-Known Member

Ive been on it for about 2 months now,they put me on 20mg to start. It didnt make me feel worst I still felt like shit but now I had the energy to put plans and thoughts into action, instead of sleeping all day. If you can get through this its worth it though,they upped it to 40mg 2 weeks ago and I felt the effects almost imediatly. I just feel like myself again,and almost like Im allowed to be happy again. Ive had no side effects at all. Ive been lucky as I dont feel compleatly numb and am aware that Ive always been emotional,thats just part of me and I wouldnt want to lose that compleatly. I still feel somewhat "normal" as I have good days and bad days like everyone should.
    Everyone is different but I was first prescribed fluoxetine when I was 16(7 years ago) but couldnt bring myself to take them. Ive tried all kinds of alternatives for as long as I could but only since the fluoxetine kicked in have I ever in my recollection felt like I stood a chance in the world.
    Hope this helps,good luck.