Flupentixol

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Butterfly, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Does anyone have any experience with this medication? My psych has stopped my lamotrigine and quetiapine and wants to try me on this med as its meant to be good for dark depressions and psychosis which is what I'm going through at the moment. I don't know much about this med so any experiences would be helpful just to get an idea of what to look out for and how it affects people.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Back in late 2010-mid 2011 I was on this medication. I had to get the depo once every 2 weeks. The psychiatrist claimed it was to control my impulsivity and anxiety and severe depression. It's hard to remember but to the best of my knowledge its an anti psychotic. The drug did not seem to help me at all but I wasn't trusted back then to take tablets properly so that was the only choice. I cannot think of how it helped me because I don't think I got any benefit from it but everyone reacts differently to medications and I was very impulsive/suicidal/anxious back then and that is probably why I felt no benefits because I was so down.

I just want to wish you the best of luck and I hope this medication helps you :)

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

In small dosages this medicine is used for depression cannot say i have used it but i have seen it work well with other people i know