Fluvoxamine (Luvox)

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Nightlight, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Nightlight

Nightlight Well-Known Member

Does anybody here have any experiences they would like to share in regards to taking Fluvoxamine for depression or OCD? I am also curious about the drug interactions it has with supplements like multivitamins and omega 3, if anyone knows.

2. lav11

lav11 Well-Known Member

heya,

i was on 100mg of fluvoxamine a day for a few months not that long ago but for depression not OCD.. It was one of the very few drugs that had an effect on me.. all the other drugs i have been on have done absoloutly nothing but this one in a way made me worse off in the sense i was more suicidal then before. I also went through bad withdrawals. But the effect is very different on every person..

My friend is also on it (though a much lower dose) and it hasnt had much effect on her at all.. Thing is like all anti-depressants the effects are very different on every person..

One thing ive learnt though if you are comming off it make sure you ask them to wean you off rather then just suddenly stopping like they did with me !!!

I also was taking vitamin E tablets with mine for scarring and it didnt change anything.. but usually they wont have a big impact because each tablet/vitamin all effect different parts of the body so not much chance they will clash

best of luck :)

3. Nightlight

Nightlight Well-Known Member

I will keep this in mind. :smile: Thanks.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Just started this medication and I have noticed an immediate positive effect. I am nervous if this will be lasting though, as the last drug they gave me for OCD had an immediate positive effect but I crashed hard on it. I was prescribed Anafranil for OCD and I felt really speedy and high the first couple days and then I crashed hard. This drug doesn't seem to be making me feel as speedy right away. I'm also taking Seroquel to help balance it out. I am on day one of Luvox and I feel great today, we'll see how it goes, I'll post updates here as time goes on.

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Good luck fromthatshow!