fobia of becoming blind

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I have it... And it causes me lot of problems... I think at least once daily about it... I have fear that i will become blind, i dont know why... I also have fear to have any other severe disorder, like becoming deaf, or completly lose memory...

I think that i dont hear as good as other, althought my doctocr sayed that there is nothing wront with my ears...

I dont know... How to fight those fobias?:(

2. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

firstly, I have exact same fears. sometimes i fear going blind because then i can't 'look' for a future anymore that escapes the past. But when i get to grips with that fear I start to fear the other one, going deaf. I see these fears as normal but i treat those fears as daggers to who i am, the sooner i stop fearing it the better. also, due to the fact that unless there is some form of accident that physically makes it happen, I don't believe that its a 'choice' between which one you prefer, i just think people have varying degrees of both, if either, and somewhere between that the reality grows stronger than both, even if it seems like a big fat mess. either way though none of its a good thing once dealt with

3. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

It's spelled "phobia", dude...

4. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

My mistake:)

And thanks for posting sketches:hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.