Fobias

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

So... speak out about your fears and fobias:)

Here is my list:

Scoptophobia - fear of go blind
    Gymnophobia- Fear of nudity
    Hadephobia- Fear of hell
    Insectophobia - Fear of insects
    Ophthalmophobia- Fear of being stared at.

And many more... I just dont know names:tongue:
    Most of these fobias are mild, however sometimes i become very anxious because of fear of becoming blind and fear of hell.... its the reason why i cant kill myself:tongue:

2. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I have necrophobia - fear of death. I've had panic attacks because I was unable to stop thinking about what will happen when I die.

Hell is a scary thought for me as well--it's supposed to be--but in the end, Heaven always freaks me out more. Everyone can describe Hell, but Heaven remains a mystery. Will my family be there? What about my friends? My pets? What will we do all the time?

I think Hell doesn't bother me as much because I know what I'll get: everlasting torment. Everlasting joy and happiness is a bit creepy in comparison. :eek:

3. Raven

Raven Guest

I have a fear of drowing,
    You will not get me on a plane sobar without a fight,
    and a fear of liveing forever.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:hug: There are many people with fears. They are part of what makes us unique.

5. ColdSummer

ColdSummer Well-Known Member

agoraphobia and some kind of social phobia. Also one of things blowing up in my face or electrocution eeek.

6. Jezz

Jezz New Member

Same here. Im not afraid of the outside if no people are there. I thought i had agrophobia but i didnt know about Ophthalmophobia, that applys more to me then agrophobia i think.

7. bronwyyn

bronwyyn Well-Known Member

I have a few, but they're wierd so I don't know if they even have names (hmm, maybe something I should research).

My biggest fear is having a job. It sends me into major major panic attacks.

I have a very bad fear, also, of losing my "things". My books, movies, furniture, sentimental crap... I'm a total pack rat and I love my stuff. I *have* to have a home so I can have my things about me.

I have a fear of conflict, as well, which leads to a fear of being around people.

I've never in my life been afraid of snakes or heights or anything that you hear about all the time. I grew up thinking I was pretty brave. Then I had to get a job and it all went downhill.

I'm afraid of going to hell too. I'm not even sure I believe in heaven and hell, but I was raised Catholic, so fear of going to hell in ingrained in my subconsious, and is one of the reasons I have killed myself yet. I want to die to be at peace, not to be worse off than I was.

8. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

i got two fibias, is that close?

no real phobias, i have completely rational fear of snakes and planes, especially after watching Snakes on a M#(%@F*% # Plane.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  9. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

I have no clue whether there are names for mine but..

I am scared of leaving the house. Some previous post said the person wasnt afraid of the outside if no people were there.. well, I am. Its worse when people are there but its also there without them.

Around people, I get very nervous and axious and cant sit still. I always look around and in my head search for an excuse to leave. I cant wait to get out of there and away from everybody.

I am scared of going to sleep which results in me staying up til the morning hours (like 8 or 9 am) until I really cant keep my eyes open any longer. Its because of the thoughts that come to me once in bed and the panic attacks they bring with them.

The fact that there is another day to come scares the hell out of me every night.

I never had any of the above until my partner left me and I lost him and the kids.

10. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that:(

Red text is probaly Social anxiety, i had it too, but in my case its very mild, in yours it looks very severe:(

Edited: Social anxiety can be cured... i suggest you to seek professional help....
    Take care:)

11. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

:laugh:
    That wasnt good idea man!
    :hug:

12. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I'm scared of balloons. :laugh: I'm terrified of them. Terrified to the point of screaming terrified. I can't be in a room with a balloon in it.

13. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

Spiders!!! I go hysterical :eek:hmy: and sharks too, I can't even go in swimming pools anymore (yeah, stupid I know...no sharks in pools! lol)

14. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

:laugh: sharks in swimming pools..

15. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

:laugh: I know. It's a shame, I used to love swimming :sad: now it just paralyses me with fear

16. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

:hug: Did anything happen in the swimming pool or anything around water that perhaps scared you?

I never used to enjoy social gatherings with balloons or anything so I don't think I'm missing out on much..

17. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

nope, just watched Jaws when I was about 11 and been scared ever since! lmao well there was a jellyfish once that stung me but that's got nothing to do with it :laugh:

balloons eh? is it when they pop that scares you?

18. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

No everything about them just scares me..:laugh: I hate the way they can move without you controlling them and the way they shrivel up and things when the air gets out of them. And the static and the clingingness.

19. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

aww :hug: they are pretty weird :tongue:

20. Pentacle

Pentacle Well-Known Member

I hate clowns. I used to stay in my sisters bedroom sometimes and there was a red patchwork clown with crosses for eyes that gave me nightmares...

I hate thinking too far into the future, I hate the feeling of being ruled by the shit government we have and that scares me... What does the future hold for us, if they are screwing up the present?

I'm scared of being alone, but I hate big gatherings. I hate the feeling of being lost and confused.

I hate feet. I have never liked them.. just the thought of all the germs and the diseases around feet scares the living shit out of me... *cringes*

Umm, and needles... after I was in hospital a few years ago I've had a huge fear of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.