Focus, focus, focus

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by letmedisappear, Aug 24, 2012.

1. letmedisappear

letmedisappear Well-Known Member

I'm usually alright. When I'm on edge, I manage. I promised my counselor not to attempt suicide for this year, and I plan on keeping the promise. I'm taking on responsibilities and I'm ready to turn a new leaf. I feel crappy, but I'm dealing with it. My mood isn't affecting my family as much as it used to, and I'm more stable than I have been in the past.

There's just one thing that's keeping me back from actually being "better".

I can't focus, I can't motivate myself enough to do something. I have so much work to do and with every hour I'm falling behind.

How do you focus? How do you motivate yourself to do something when you feel like you're so much worse than your coworkers?

I don't want to give up, yet it feels as though I have to...
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Has this always been an issue at work or is it a new thing? Are you simply bored or uninspired by your job now? Is the work too difficult making you feel incompetent? In any of these cases you should possibly explore a finding a new job. If it truly is just focus that is the difficulty - speak to your counselor and see if he/she feels it may be worth your time to talk to Dr about about ADHD meds as a possible solution. If that is all that is left to fix then cangretulations on the great job- I hope very much you can resolve this as well

Take Care