Focusing on the now

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by WhyMeWhy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I'm startin to focus only on the now. The past is over, however horrible it may have been it's done with, and I'm sick of it. Sick of the memories that are no good for me.... yet someone that I live with won't ever let things go, bringin up shit from the past that only makes me feel worse. She's so set in her ways she will never stop this. I don't understand. Why can't she just forget it all and focus on the now with me? It would be much better for her state of mentality, I know this. If the past is so upsetting.... for god's sake let it go! But she never will! It's not good. Our relationship is more give, give, give on my end-take take take on hers. Very unfair, but she dosen't see it this way. Because of the past. Her past has been both a blessing & a curse-much like mine-and she lets the negativity linger. It affects her attitude toward me, which isn't very pleasant. I want to slap her sometimes and say "get yourself together!"... because she's driving me to an early grave. So I encourage everyone.... try & forget your horrible past-no matter what you must do to do so. Bringin up things long dead is no good for anyone's state of mind.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Unfortunately everytime I try to forget my past, someone takes great pleasure in slapping me in the face with it, or it won't stay behind where I've tried to leave it.