Folks, What makes you still continue to live on...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LastCrusade, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

despite being so disappointed in life, depressed, so suicidal? Just wondering. A times of severe trials and tribulations, what makes you hang on? For me, it for the sake of my love ones and also responsibility. What about you guys?
  2. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

my dogs....
  3. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

i thought it was my friends
    now they all make fun of me
    i thought it was people on here
    they dont think i know hurt
    i thought it was my family
    they didnt even want me
    i thought it was kurtis
    hell get over me

the only reason why im here is for my hamster and my cousin emmie
    theyre the only people who i trust care :wub:
  4. LastCrusade

i think everyone of us here hangs on because of love....for love is the greatest thing of all. what do you guys think?
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I hang on because I don't know for CERTAIN it won't get better. It's a big decision, and not one to be taken quickly.
  6. helena

helena Staff Alumni

yeah, it must be love all along.... my reason too, my kids.
  7. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

Anger. I want to stick around to fight the world that had the audacity to make me feel suicidal in the first place.
  8. reddragon2410

reddragon2410 Well-Known Member

Cowardice mainly. And I guess I don't want my family to be upset.
  9. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

The fantasys of what my life could have been like, the faint hope I will somehow get better and go back to how I was before though that is medically impossible at this point
  10. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

This to, I am very suicidal and basically want to die based on how I am, yet my dilemma is many people helped shape me into the shape I am in, I kind of found a peace and clarity to life and realized how wonderful life was a few years ago, then this cruel world in its own way wants you to be fucking miserable, especially people who were in charge of this shit hole country I live in

My problem is now I am dead and broken and I probably should die based how I am, do I let them win? And I don't mean that in a I will fight them verbally kind of way, my anger and hatred of certain people prevent me from killing just myself

Also I see your signature about david reimer, can you relate to him in some way
  11. diafwcc

diafwcc Member

haven't run out of chances to turn my life around yet

that's all, once i've blown my last chance and there's no possibility of turning it all around... i'm out of here, no point in sticking around
  12. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

My dad, a few friends, my voluntary work
  13. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

My mum.
  14. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

My mum and the promise that I gave to my therapist that I wouldn't kill myself. I have fear of hurting people that I know.
  15. Seerbrum

Seerbrum Well-Known Member

I'm not sure sometimes.

At times its my anger at a world that has done nothing but hurt me, I wanna live long enough to get my blows in at lest.

Other times it's chemical, why die when I can just slowly kill myself through drugs and alcohol?

At sometimes, when the moon is just right and the stars look like pin pricks in the velvet of the night, Hope.

But I go from absolutly happy to extremely sad at the drop of a hat. I hang on to what little hope I have, and try to stay out of my own head. It's worked thus far, that and I personally know there is nothing on the otherside. Not many people have near death experiences, most have good things to say. I remember darkness, and warmth, thats all, other wise nothing... so if I every do end myself it will be a destructive blast of glory as oppose to a quiet moment when I'm a lone.

But thats my baggage.
  16. LastCrusade

almost a year ago, i lost hope in living. some how managed to get very very very angry at this cruelly unfair world and decided to FIGHT my destiny. I was full of anger and cursed at this world. and when i became angry, i felt better and better. I no longer wanted to bow down to anyone and started to fend for myself instead of being extremely depressed at the state of my situation. Little by little, somehow my perspective of this world and the situation that I was in changed and I became mentally stronger and over a few months as i FOUGHT on, circumstances changed for the better and my hopeless situation lifted. I realised that when life is unfair or when life has dealt me with a deck of losing cards, we must FIGHT against it and now wallow in sadness. thats how i managed to get out of my hopeless situation. i took the first step, defended myself, and fought. FIGHT on folks, dont feel sorry for anything, past is past, you've got to move on. FIGHT!
  17. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I hang on for the fact that when i attempted the last time, I saw this terrifying look in the eyes of my husband, I think if i succeeded in suicide, it would devastate him for life. That being said, there are moments I actually could care less about the effect it would have on others, that is at my lowest point. I do have reasons to be here, but when the going gets tough, I don't know if those reasons would be enough to hang on longer.
  18. danni

danni Chat Buddy

The promise I made to everyone
  19. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Because I have given my word!! I don't give it that often because I know I will have to stand by it...
  20. tendenCs_89

tendenCs_89 Well-Known Member

fear, and my brother
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.