Food for thought~

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ozzy Manson, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzy Manson

Ozzy Manson Well-Known Member

Last night i was hanging out at a place with my friend who is 10 yrs older than me and her little sister who i had never met before, but is 3 years older than me. When alone with my friends sister she came over and sat right next to me so we could hear each other over the music, and then placed a finger on some visible fresh cuts on my forearm. She asks "What is that from?" I reply, "(laughs) oh those? Those are from my grandma's cat that i'm taking care of. It must know I'm a dog person, it doesn't like me." She looks me right in the eyes and calmly says "Oh really?" then soon after looks away, as if i didn't need to say anything, she just kinda knew that i did too. While still looking away she informs me that she has lots of scars from when she used to cut. As well as comments on how she ended up in the hospital for slicing open a vein, when then led her to a short stay in the mental ward. She said how she learned to stop finally but soon after picked up another habit to replace it, smoking which she still does. She talked about how it is really hard once you start to stop, which i already knew too well. She then gave me some advice you would call it, "Every morning when you wake up and walk into the bathroom, look into the mirror and just smile at yourself for a few moments, it can make all the difference in how happy your day is." shortly following that was a good tip on how to stop, "Whenever you feel like doing it, just grab a piece of paper and write it all down, it doesn't matter if you think that it's stupid to be writing it all out. Just do it. And you don't have to worry about anybody else seeing it ever because you can simply just tear it up. Just write it all out, and you will feel better, it helps."
    I thought it was rather interesting how we are the same in a way, with the cutting and smoking, and she isn't that much older than me. Also what it rather interesting is the difference not only in age but in personality between her and her sister, her sister is always happy no matter what, and will just get up and start dancing. While she is like me, we dress all in black and keep to our selves in the back ground. Still, i thought she had some very good and interesting advice to share, so i thought i would pass it along. It has already helped me some.

I hope maybe her advice will be of help to some of you out there as well, there is still much hope for us! :)

2. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

I think she has some very good advice. And that you may have met a good friend in her. I wish you both well.

3. Ozzy Manson

Ozzy Manson Well-Known Member

Very Good advice indeed. I just hope that i will once see her again, to say thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.