food is my enemy

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by not hungry, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. not hungry

not hungry Guest

I have never been someone who ate a lot, as in excessively much. Never.
    But lately, the past months, I've been eating less and less. I eat once a day, if I eat at all. Mostly I don't eat anything, apart from like one little sweet every now and then. I'd much rather have 1 little sweet or gum or something twice a day than one sandwich.
    My roommates are starting to notice it though :( They are asking me to eat with them more and more and when I say I'm not hungry they say that I have to eat with them. When I say I have already had something they say I haven't.
    I hate lying to my roommates, I hate that, but I have to.

Any advice how to mislead them?
    I don't want to eat with them and then throw up afterwards, 'cause that's bad for your teeth and I only want to go there as a last resort.
  2. :hug: im not going to tell you how to mislead them, as it really doesnt get you anywhere.

maybe just say to them, be honest, and say ure having a hard time with food at the moment, and them trying to force you to eat makes it worse- say ull eat when ure ready too.

make sure u eat little things throughout the day if you cant manage proper meals, just make sure u do keep eating. something is 100 x better then nothing.

if you cant manage to eat much atall, take some multivitamins to keep ure vitamins and minerals up and drink plenty of water, if you can manage , drink some milk., need to keep calcium up so if you cant manage it also take a supplemt.

taking supplements is not atall ideal, but it is alot better then ure body not having any vitamins/minerals/calcium. (hopefully) it will also be short term.

try building up the amount you eat by a little bit eachday, its bloody hard, but just keep trying. never give up completely and never have a 'day off' from eating. ull end up feeling more depressed and weak and dizzy.

as for making yourself sick, ( purging) all i can say is dont. ever ever. it is addictive and it is very damaging. it is a horrible experience

you can get through this, and as for your housemates, if they knew more, they may turn out to be more supportive then you think, but i understand if you dont want to tell anyone about it.

xx sarah xx
  3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Hun, we are not going to tell you how to mislead them. As you probably know, this is not a healthy way to live. I wish I knew who this was :blink: There are better, healthier ways to loose weight than to starve yourself. Like Black_rose said, try eating small amounts. Fruit and salads are good. I hope you work something out :hug:
  4. not hungry

not hungry Guest

hey Sarah and Sam, thanks to both for the replies :hug:

And to Sam, it isn't about loosing weight for me. I am at a healthy weight. Well I'm not, I'm actually a bit under healthy weight. But ya, it ain't about weight for me, I can't really explain what it IS about. I can't think properly at the moment. I'll try to think of it though, and of a way to explain and I'll get back to you on that, either here or on IM.

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Ok hun, I am here if you need me (and im really starting to wonder who this is :unsure: ) Incase you dont already have them, my contact details are in my profile. Take care :hug: :hug: :hug:
  6. not hungry

not hungry Guest

thanks sam, I already had them, hehe :hug: :wink:
  7. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

the way I look at it, eating is one of the things we experience the most in life, most food isnt unpleasent. so why not?
  8. paranoidxe

paranoidxe Well-Known Member

Is there anything bothering you that prevents you from having a appetite?
  9. not hungry

not hungry Guest

At first it was mostly cos of physical problems. I know now where that came from. But that is starting to get a tad better.

Thing is that now I'm used to eating so little, I can't get myself to eat more. I'm never hungry anymore and when I do eat (which now is like once a day, dinner) it's only a tiny bit. I just dont want to eat more, whether I'd be hungry or not. But I'm not hungry so there's no problem there.

Guess I'm rambling now :dry:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.