Food-phobic!!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by frog, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frog

frog New Member

The latest development in my mental health roller coaster is the development of food phobias. It started about a month ago but was purely warm/hot food. Each time I tried to eat / thought about eating something in this category I would feel physically sick to the point I shake and wretch.

This has now moved on to food in general hot, cold or warm. Even the thought of eating sets me off. I am currently forcing myself to endure at least one meal per day (which still has to be cold - the warm/hot thing is worse). Upon getting hungry, I go into the kitchen - wretch - shake - leave the kitchen. I continue this for however long it takes to desenitize myself which can be between 1 hour and 5 hours. Once I have the food itself the ordeal of eating it can take just as long.

I'm awaiting a CMHT assessment so hoping they might be able to offer advise, but wondered if anyone else had encountered this and what did you do?

2. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Foob phobia here too, though, for me it's taste. :laugh:

3. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

thats really horrible :( i've only encountered going off food because i was realy depressed and i didn't ever feel like eating anything, anything that could have triggered this at all do you reckon?xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.