Food Sickens Me

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Sydx, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sydx

Sydx Active Member

Okay, I'll be to-the-point: I haven't really eaten much at all for about a week other than some small snacks here and there to keep up my bloodsugar. These last couple days, though, I haven't had much an appetite at all which seemed weird to me but welcome over a constantly growling tummy.

Just earlier, my mum actually made me sit down at the dinner table and eat -- not much, just a small (topping-less) baked potato. I literally couldn't even stomach that. I felt horribly nauseous and couldn't keep it down for five minutes. Now I'm still left feeling horribly sick.

Anyone going through this?

2. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

Yes.. I completely understand what you are talking about.
    I go through periods where I decide I HATE food, that food is evil and that everything tastes like shit. I have a hard time keeping anything down during these periods. I mostly just pick at my plate and play around with the food on there until I can't stand it anymore and I end up throwing it out.
    Even if it's my favourite dish, when I am in hate-food-mode, it will make me ill.

Sorry to hear you have a similar problem..it's not much fun.

A.

3. Sydx

Sydx Active Member

Urgh. That's exactly how I am. But now, whether I physically feel like eating or not, it's hard.

On the rare occasions I actually do have an appetite, the amount of food it takes to make me feel 'full' is drastically less than how much it would've taken months ago.

4. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

I don't exactly hate it, it's just I get full to easily. I could make a plate of pasta and it would take one bite before i'm just turned off the whole thing.
    Plus, food for me is pretty tasteless these days, I don't seem to enjoy food anymore.

5. Sydx

Sydx Active Member

That's the same with me. I told my doctor about not even finding food enjoyable anymore -- even in taste -- and she said my depression had something to do with that... But she didn't seem too concerned so...

6. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

There are antidepressants with the side effect of increased appetite/weight gain. Maybe you should ask your doctor about going on one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.