Food: What a beautiful choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I'm a big foodie. I love food, not just eating it, I love cooking it, too. There are few things in our basic, every day existence that are as life affirming as good food. If you're enjoying a meal, you're enjoying being alive. So I'm going to be posting all things food here. Mostly videos, probably. Nothing gets me more psyched and ready to start cooking and being creative with food than watching cooking videos. If anybody has anything else food related: pics, recipes, videos, or anything at all, you're welcome to post it here.

Might as well start with breakfast.

The incredible edible egg:

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I remember the first time I went to America as a kid ordering pancakes for breakfast and almost crying when they arrived as I was so disappointed they weren't the kind of pancakes we knew *hysterical

Now I've grown to love your fluffy pancakes (good job as they're more common here now than our traditional crepes). But I still adore a crepe, dripping in lemon juice and sugar. Mmmmmm

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
It's Saturday and it's 6am. That means it's time to start thinking about pizza*dance1

Doesn't get much simpler than this. Important note: while making pizza, boogieing to peppy background music like this is completely optional:

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
This one looks super easy, I'm going to try it tomorrow. But I just have to say:"Begin by cracking the eggs into a bowl."
Duh!

Ok, I did it! It is really easy. Doesn't look quite as round and neat as the one Mr. Excitement made in his video, but not bad I think for my first shot. It might have collapsed a little because I couldn't resist adding ham, and that might have made it a little too heavy for the rolling part. I don't care, looks like breakfast to me:)

Well, time to dig in. See you on the other side!

View attachment 25675

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
It's Saturday and it's 6am. That means it's time to start thinking about pizza*dance1

Doesn't get much simpler than this. Important note: while making pizza, boogieing to peppy background music like this is completely optional:

And oh yeah, I forgot to post yesterday's pizza. Kebab, onion, spinach, gouda and cheddar stuffed crust.

View attachment 25677

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Do I remember pancakes?? Those insane stacks I used to have when I was a kid, with melting butter on top, covered in maple syrup, with bacon or sausage on the side...wow. Breakfast in the 70's*thumbsup

Did someone say pancakes? Sounds good about now.

Fond memory..eating them at the campground pavillion when kids were little.

Here's some funny faces for you all...never too old. Screenshot_20190815-103314_Chrome.jpg

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Ok, I did it! It is really easy. Doesn't look quite as round and neat as the one Mr. Excitement made in his video, but not bad I think for my first shot. It might have collapsed a little because I couldn't resist adding ham, and that might have made it a little too heavy for the rolling part. I don't care, looks like breakfast to me:)

Well, time to dig in. See you on the other side!

View attachment 25675
Working with wonton wrappers super easy and you can fill with anything.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Once a week I cook for my boys. Made meatloaf n ziti yesterday.

How do you make you're meatloaf? I dont eat meat, but I cook it for them. They said it want tangy enough bcz I didnt put in tomatoe paste. Used bbq sauce on top instead.
I went through a major meatloaf phase, many years ago. My 'secret' ingredient was ketchup. Never occurred to me to try barbecue sauce, but yeah, I can see how that could be really nice.
Wow, looks good @HumanExMachina. Iron too with the spinach. Where do you get the dough?
I make it myself. Check out that 'Quick and easy dough' video I posted above. For me the dough is the most time consuming part of making pizza, but also, the easiest. Sometimes I eliminate the time consuming part by making a yeastless, stove top pizza.
Working with wonton wrappers super easy and you can fill with anything.
Hmm, interesting, I'm going to look into that. I'll do some googling about it tomorrow, when I'll be in cooking mode:)

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Made squash n corn casserole. Blue cheese dressing in it. "Borrowed" the cherry tomatoes from neighbors garden. *shh

Came out liquidier than I wanted, oh well *scared @HumanExMachina make any pizzas lately?
20191001_123955.jpg

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter

They make it look so easy @HumanExMachina. I might give it a try. I bought a round pizza tray thingie a fre months ago, but the dough (store bought) was thick after cooking. I ate it anyway as I dont like to waste food. Thanks for posting, I didnt know there was sugar in the mix. I have a funny story about that.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Been trying my hand at smoothies. Nothing too fancy but this one was banana mango w vanilla yogurt n cinnamon, I like it sweet. Half drunk or drank, ha, I wish. 20191003_105610.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00