foot troubles

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tom88, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom88

Tom88 Member

Ok so heres the deal, Yesterday (11th) I had trouble sleeping so I was going to go to the gym at 2 in the morning, those that were in the chat I told as I was getting ready. Well as I was running through my house (FUCKING STUPID!) My left foot landed a little close to my right foot I fell forwards and to the left while my foot remained stationary and I heard the most gruesome snapping sound ever followed by the worse pain ive ever felt in my life. I proceeded to cursing at the top of my lungs, saying every profanity of the english language (and some in spanish), waking up my neighbors and my sister and her boyfriend who were asleep in their rooms. I hobbled over to the couch where I passed out from the pain.... I let my mother know what happened (she was still at work) and I layed down and went to sleep thinking it would be better in the morning. The next day I tried to stand and ended up almost falling on the floor, and went to my work to explain that I couldnt work however telling me that I needed a doctors note wasnt possible because I had no FUCKING HEALTH INSURANCE!!! So I went back home.... layed down, and when I woke up loaded myself up on painkillers, was able to stand on it more or less without it hurting too bad and went to work. Work went fine up until near 9'oclock when the pain killers started to wear off and the pain came back... I made it through the rest of the day with little to moderate trouble. I am able to get on my mothers health insurance however, it cannot be affective till august in which case im going to have to deal with the pain till then because theres no way in hell im going to the ER to pay some rediculous bill. Any ideas how im going to deal with this? I have to work 3 days a week and school lets out of the summer after next week... but I dont want to fuck up my foot worse then it already is, and I definately dont want to make it grow back wrong if its sprained or broken. Any ideas on what the fuck I should do??
  2. Crimsonsorrow

Crimsonsorrow Active Member

Firstly Calm down and think about your health first. See a good (very good) doctor for some advice. From what I know foot injuries aren't the worst since the body can heal even severe sprains etc. The snapping or popping noise may involve a torn/sprain ligament or broken bone. The worst injury in the ankle would be a torn achilles but that injury is very unlikely in your case I presume.
    Any tips if you need to wait R.I.C.E.
    Rest Ice Compression and Elevation
    and keep using the painkillers to alleviate the inflammation
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

If you aren't going to go to the hospital then keep an eye on the swelling because if it gets to bad it will cut off blood flow to your foot. I know you don't want to hear it but you need to go to the emergency room. If it's broken and you put it off until August when you can go on your mothers insurance. They more than likely will have to break it again so they can get it to realign itself. I hope you take care of it asap. all the best:chopper:
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

are you in high school or college? if you are in college use the health services on campus. otherwise go to a free clinic. every large city has one. maybe give it a few more days with rest and ice, if it starts to feel better then maybe it is just a bad sprain.
    but if you can't put any weight on it then it is serious and it would be better to get a bill now versus any permanent damage you might be causing.

you say you were going to the gym... do they have any sports medicine facilities? a physiotherapist might be cheaper than a doctor....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.