1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Premier League 2018-2019 season

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Ash600, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Ash600

Ash600 SF Creative SF Supporter

That's right folks, footie is back again. From now till May next year, games will be coming thick and fast, where you'll either want to kiss the tv and or slap your neighbour or slap the tv as well as your neighbour depending on how your team is doing.:D

Who'll be the standout team, who'll play sexy football, who'll be shite, who'll be utter shite, who'll be the standout players, who'll be the players to make a breakthrough, which manager will get the sack first, which teams will be the suprise package, which team will be a total nob-package?
    Don't ask me for these answers, 'cos if I knew then I'd be at the bookies laying on the bets.:p

So rant, rave, or just have a piss about right here as the season progresses.:D

tagging @Woowoo @Lulabelle @MagickLynx @Stijn @baywasp @gypsylee @Walker @HumanExMachina @Daíthí @nobodyknows71 @Freya @Yellowmellow

Woowoo, baywasp, Lulabelle and 2 others like this.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN SF Author

Football.... ewwww haha - I am so not the person to tag here. Where was the love island thread??

gypsylee and Walker like this.
  3. Ash600

Hopefully there isn't one

Daíthí, Lulabelle and nobodyknows71 like this.
  4. Blue Star

Blue Star Member

Liverpool is missing out on Christian Pulisic. The dude, imho, is already a world-class talent. Jurgen Klopp brought Pulisic along at Borussia Dortmund and would fit VERY WELL in a Klopp system. Don't really follow EP, but sorta starting to get into it a bit. Until Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U or some other big-time EP team grabs a hold of Captain America, then I sorta don't really care.

5. Ash600

Dortmund won't sell Pulisic yet, but there's a chance Klopp may strike a deal now for Pulisic to move to Anfield next summer

6. Blue Star

Blue Star Member

I can see that happening. Just imagine how much money Liverpool will get from the US market with all the casual and hardcore US soccer fans. Plus, Pulisic is really fucking good (he would probably come off the bench for now, but that's okay). They'd be stupid not to try and get him.

7. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina Pizza Spaceman Forum Pro SF Supporter

Didn't it end a couple of weeks ago? [​IMG]

Winter Blues and Lulabelle like this.
  8. Stijn

Stijn Innerceptor

The Belgian competition has already begun. But I guess nobody is interested:D

Courtois has got his transfer to Real Madrid, which is cool. I kinda hoped Hazard was gonna follow him but I guess he's just too important for Chelsea and the Premier League. When does the transfer market close officially?

Lulabelle and Ash600 like this.
  9. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

Ive obviously wandered into the wrong place.
    @Freya and I will be watching Love Island, whatever that is.

10. Stijn

Stijn Innerceptor

The World Cup ended a few weeks ago Human. World Cup is for countries. Premier League is for English clubs

HumanExMachina and Lulabelle like this.
  11. Ash600

Liverpool tried to get him about 2 seasons ago, but Dortmund flatly refused. But if he refuses to sign a new contract, then they're in with a solid chance.

12. Ash600

That was the World Cup, but now the league seasons are about to kick off around Europe.

HumanExMachina likes this.
  13. Ash600

Nah mate, you're in the right place as this is where the beer will be flowing.:D
    I thought you'd be watching that with HEM?;)

Woowoo, Winter Blues and Lulabelle like this.
  14. Ash600

For England it closed yesterday, for most other places end of the month (Italy shuts next week).

Stijn likes this.
  15. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

By footy you mean soccer? I'm Victorian.. We only know Aussie Rules.

16. Ash600

Yup, soccer.
    ....and there are rules in that game of yours?:p

17. Lulabelle

Lulabelle SF Supporter

My team is so far away from the premier league... Still, we can dream :D

hqdefault.jpg

Ash600 likes this.
  18. Ash600

You never know Lu, it's a long season and a run of decent results could throw your team right into the mix for promotion.

Woowoo and Lulabelle like this.
  19. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

Apparently.. I don’t pay any attention to it. It was only invented to keep the cricketers fit during winter, so it’s a peasants’ game ;)

Ash600 likes this.
  20. Daíthí

Daíthí Chat Pro SF Supporter

Oh no, I've been roped into another football thread. Where my fellow rugby fans at?