For cat lovers - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion

Well she can hug me & take me home. lol joking! I seen that video a while ago & was laughing yet doing a face-palm at the same time... Seriously.. I love cats but crying over them in a dating video like that is sad.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
lolcatz. :) Keeping too many cats is actually a psychiatric disorder. Really. :cat:

How to medicate your cat

How To Medicate Your Cat – In Fourteen Easy Steps​

1) Pick up cat and talk to in usual soothing tones. Cradle cat in crook of left arm like a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat’s mouth. Gently apply pressure to cheeks, whilst holding pill in left hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill in. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2) Retrieve cat from behind sofa; pill from floor. Cradling cat in left arm as before, repeat step 1.

3) Retrieve cat from bedroom; throw soggy pill away.

Get new pill; cradle cat in left arm whilst talking reassuringly. Force jaws open, push pill to back of mouth with index finger. Hold mouth shut to count of twenty.

4) Retrieve cat from top of wardrobe; pill from floor.

5) Repeat step 1. But this time, whilst holding cat firmly in bottle feeding position, sit on edge of chair; fold your torso over cat. Bring right hand over elbow, open cat’s mouth by lifting its upper jaw; pop pill in quickly.

6) Leave cat hanging on curtains and pill in your hair. Call partner from garden; you need help!!!

7) Retrieve cat. Resist urge to get new cat, get new pill instead. Kneel on floor, cat wedged firmly between knees. Ignore growls emitted by cat – Birman cats never mean it! At least, that’s what the Birman’s cat magazine seems to think.

8) Get partner to hold cat’s head firmly with one hand. Force wooden ruler into cat’s mouth; let pill slide down ruler. Rub cat’s throat vigorously.

9) Sweep up shattered figurines from hearth; set to one side for mending later. Pull yourself together now! Who’s boss here, anyway?

10) Retrieve cat; get another pill. Taking ‘Who’s boss here?’ stance, open cat’s mouth. Oops! This isn’t working either, is it?

11) Return to position 1. Rotate left hand to cat’s head; press its mouth at the jaw hinges, as if opening petals of snapdragon. Drop pill in gently. Voila, it’s done!

12) Vacuum up loose fur: cat’s; bandage wounds: yours.

13) Relax. Cat walks past, looks at you, opens its mouth, spits out pill; disappears through cat-flap.

14) Make appointment for little darling with that nice vet, who does this kind of thing all the time.

From ‘The Birman Cat Club Magazine’
Edited by Aquarius

:hug:​

BornFree

Oh Noo..oo..oooooo!!! Now there's something else wrong with me...:biggrin:
We have 3 cats and I'd so love more.... they all have their little or BIG personalities and have an endless supply of unconditional love which they give so freely!

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
If you have ever had to pill a cat, you know that the big leather gloves the vet uses is not a bad idea...been there and still have the scars...J

And fetch it a hundred times...put bandages on the claw marks, pick up all the things in his path, and find him under whatever he could get under...call him with food and be ignored...when he finally comes out, try again...J

And fetch it a hundred times...put bandages on the claw marks, pick up all the things in his path, and find him under whatever he could get under...call him with food and be ignored...when he finally comes out, try again...J
Yes....... then send memo to oneself.
We do not own cats, they own us.

And they give themselves their names...my cat Marley, sits so tall that he looks like a lion, which is his nickname..my lion...also, he grooms himself to such perfection, that my friend calls him, "Golden Delicious" since he lives in the Big Apple

Pepper, she is a kitten and sneezed as i held her for the first time.
Black with white sox, cute as anything.
Company that asks little, but gives lots.
Oh Yeah, she is also currently in the process of shredding my curtains.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
lol at giving cats pills, I do the cat burrito thing, wrap cat up in big towel so only head sticks out, still is difficult am fortunate Pushkin is very healthy.

But Buddy RIP was sick a lot and pilling was difficult, it got to where he would run if I walked near him. I miss him a lot. His pancreas stopped working and I had to let him go.

TK: So sorry about your loss...I had to put my long term friend, Kitten to sleep, and then I rescued a wonderful boy, Noah and he died from a seizure...I am praying to G-d that Marley stays healthy! Kitten was really easy to pill, to be honest, but Noah truly gave me a run for my money...G-d willing I will not have to find out about Marley

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
My cat had to be on liquid medication that I gave her via syringe (without needle) squirted into her mouth. Even that was a struggle. I did the cat burrito too. She doesn't like Mexican...?

The cat I had before that didn't travel well and had to be sedated the lengthy drive when we moved from one city to another. But the sedatives didn't work. Three hours of non-stop, "drunken," plaintive, loud "Meeee-aaaaa-ooooow!" Poor kitty! She slept as soon as were settled in the new place for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00