For gawd sakes

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Is it just me or has SF lost its ethos?

SF - A support forum for people in crisis

Im thinking it should read something like:

SF - A dating site for the mentally ill

I look around and thats all i see, am i the only one? When did it come to this? All i see is people in crisis and their posts going unanswered while everyone else gets their rocks off or tries too through visitors messages or private messages. Then you have people who divert all attention onto themselves detracting all the attention away from all the people who actually need it. Then there are some people who just go out go their way to fuck people up just because they can. Support is all well and good but its a two-way thing.

2. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying here, sir, but for one to support somebody else, they must first be able to help themselves. If this can't be done then some people find it rather difficult to help others, so yeah, they hang out in The Coffee House. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Most threads do get answered, too, but as I just said, some people aren't ready to answer threads on suicide if they're thinking too much about it themselves. I don't see how this is a dating forum, though. That doesn't make sense to me. As for the people diverting all attention to themselves in crisis threads, though, this too annoys me. If someone is in a crisis, make a thread, don't hijack someone elses. However when they use their own experiences to help others, I do not see anything wrong with that.

Just my opinion on all you've mentioned.

3. Kaos General

Nope i can see where your coming from but ive seen some threads in the crisis and suicide forum that have had no replies for 3 days meanwhile i see other things happening as well and its like damn.

4. Confusticated

Yeah, there are some people that you will see always answer the crisis threads, no matter what, because they're doing well enough to be able to. But if those aren't on in a few days, they won't have time to reply. It doesn't help if someone has no idea what to say, either, because they've not been in that situation. I tell everyone I can my pm box is open, so if they don't have answered threads, they can just PM me instead. It's sad to say that some of the posts you see are all for attention anyway, so if someone really wants help, they can get it in a PM as well as in a post. If someone PM's me, I never ignore them because I know they really are in need of some help. A lot of posts that go unanswered are the posts that are put up every single day, or by newcomers who are here and gone the next.

5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Sometimes i just can't bring myself to help others. I need all my energy to keep my own head above water. And i find distraction in more lighthearted threads.

I believe Vane made a thread or maybe a journal entry about this that explained it perfectly.

I think a lot of people make very strong connections here and even find love. I don't think anyone goes out of there way to find someone. It just happens...

6. Kaos General

3 damn days, look in the suicide forum. 3 days for someone to get a reply, what the fuck is wrong with people on here.

This is wrong, we are supposed to support each other

:spaz:

7. Confusticated

As I just said, people can only support someone if they feel strong enough to support themselves. It's not like people are being targeted! And If I see a thread being made by the same person constantly, I'm not even going to read it because it gets tiring. Does that make me a bad person? I don't care if it does. Otherwise, all threads are answered where possible and when people are feeling up to it, and confident enough to help! I've had threads go unanswered once or twice, but I knew that it wasn't anything against me, just people on here also have their own shit to deal with. I find a thread getting answered, a bonus. I'm here for the community. To make friends and to help where I can, so I won't feel bad for posting in the coffee house for a week and not even looking at the rest of the forum, if it's what I need.

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I just find this a tad funny coming from someone who met his last 3 girlfriends on sf... But what i find less funny is how you always seems to slam everyone, putting them all in the same basket.

If you're such a saint, then by all mean, lead the fine example you preach.

9. Confusticated

I need say no more.

10. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

upon reading some of the posts in the suicide or crisis forums, I feel sick and triggered. I can't bring myself to say anything good because I don't want to be here either, so it's hard to support people when I am going through similar motions. Distraction is pretty much the only way to go for me.
    I can't put up with this forum any other way because it's just too much for my heart to take.

Also-- alot of the time, the posts in those sections are quite long and go into details. Because of my dyslexia, I cannot read longer posts in any comprehensive manner. I always just get confused and go away because I would not be able to have a positive and intelligent reply to all of the work they put into expressing themselves.

I know it's just excuses, but fuck- it's hard for a bunch of suicidal people to get together and try to make eachother feel better.

11. Kaos General

When have i ever claimed to be a saint? This coming from the person who calls me a hypocrite then 2 weeks later posts exactly the same thing about the exact same people?

What i find funny though is how you attack me when im on leave and cant reply and then block me off skype and msn, i find that highly amusing. But of course after a few conversations on skype you know me oh so well and you know the type of person i am.

I am not slamming everyone. I was making an observation, i also said i could be wrong. Lead by what example?

Why do people always assume im angry? Why do people think im starting all the drama on here? If you actually take the time to get to know me you would know that actually is not the case but your gonna make up your minds regardless so cool

12. Confusticated

This is angry, 'nuff said on that.

Plus your observations were hypocritical, which is what boo was pointing out, sir.

Nobody here is trying to rage on you or anger you, but are also making observations just as you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.