For Gods' sake....

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by In Limbo, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Julia-C's thread has been locked. The reason given is 'until there has been a discussion on it'.

Surely that WAS the opportunity for an open and frank discussion on the subject. Age appropriate fora is something that needs to be considered here among the wider community - not solely among mods and admins...

Just my two cents
    C

2. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

I said in the thread that they would lock it/close it and I was right.
    If someone wants to know what we are talking about.
    http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=100518

If they lock or close a thread it gets pushed off the radar by subsequent threads. That's the real reason.

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

All I have to say is if there's a rape and abuse section on any web site, it should be expected to be and become graphic. To silence those who post their traumatic experiences there, under the instruction that they are welcome to, is an injustice.

:twocents:

4. APYBFJS

APYBFJS Member

What does it mean by needs discussing?

Wasn't that the whole point of the thread, to discuss the matter?

5. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Exactly the point I'm making.

6. Julia-C

The mods and admins here are good people. They have wonderful intentions with this website, but they are making mistakes and they need to be addressed.

7. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Quite so. This is absolutely NOT a personal attack on any of the site mods or admins, many of whom have been deeply helpful to me in the past. I feel however, that this issue should keep being raised, because of the opportunity that is being missed for want of a few simple safeguards.

8. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

i dont think basically reopening a thread that has been closed is productive or right.

9. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

The thread is not being reopened - it is still there for public viewing even if it can no longer be further added to.

This thread was meant to highlight a level of hypocrisy in the reasoning for the closure of said thread and to maybe cause the individuals concerned to reconsider.

10. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

but you are doing so through THIS thread....its direspectful of the people who provide this forum in the 1st place. the people who allow us all the post anything in the 1st place. let it drop and let it be dealt with in the right place. go to LtM and argue it through with the staff there.

11. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I shall respectfully disagree.

12. Julia-C

edited moderator total eclipse disrespectful to other member

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
  13. APYBFJS

APYBFJS Member

Maybe if the mods can provide us with a much more detailed reasoning behind their closing of the thread would be helpful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.