For once

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Scum, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I am going to post a positive thread.

I LOVE the sun!

:wiggle: Sitting in the sun makes me feel SO much better. :wiggle:

Today has been beautifully sunny, I have been outside loads, I still feel shit, but less shit than normal. Which is all good!

:groupwave:​

2. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

Summer makes me feel better too, it's the sun and the blooming nature. There's more hope ahead, and inside feels that something good is going to happen.

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

:D indeed

4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I too love sunlight, tho too strong/hot necessitates a sunhat and shades or I'm blind from the glare. But I love being outside in nice sunny weather, walking the dog(s):smile: or letting Bunners run about in the front yard, mowing and fertilizing at the same time...:rolleyes: I'm one of those who gets more depressed in winter due to lack of sunlight and having to be indoors so much. Also the sun is weaker in winter due to the position of the earth... or something like that. All I know is I like being outside in warm weather and I always feel better with exercise, fresh air, and sunlight.:smile:

least

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Sounds just like me.

But I know the sun is almost a tonic for a lot of people. It's supposed to rain next week. That makes me sad :( I hope that it stays sunny.

6. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I too, feel much much better due to the weather :)

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

You know why? My DBT therapist said that sun rays have vitamins that are essential for people with depression, the vitamins are suppose to level out the depression a bit. :)

Glad you are feeling better. :wiggle: :weee: :hug:

8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

yeh, thats all well and true but apparently I dont have depression lol

But you are right in what you say :)

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Well, still it even makes people without depression feel better.. Makes depressed people less depressed and makes people that aren't depressed a bit more chirpy I guess heh

10. Flow

Flow Member

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by you don't have depression... coz I thought all suicidal people are depressed... or am I wrong?

Anyway, the good weather makes it even more depressing for me because I feel like I'm wasting such a good day by locking myself up in my room. And, don't ask me to go outside coz I don't have energy to do so.

11. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

There are many conditions that can make people suicidal, not just depression.

But apparently I am absoltuely 100% fine, and everything I do/go through is healthy and fine.

12. Flow

Flow Member

Oh I see... now when I think of it... yeah, I think you're right.

Well, anyhow, you take care. :) Glad to hear you don't have depression though.. coz it sucks to the max! :(

13. thats really good to hear hun :) hope its sunny wherever you are for a long time X here anytime for you.

14. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

:hug:

take care of yourself honey

15. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

sun always cheers me up too, for some reason it makes me appreciate the small things in life even more :smile:

Like right now the sun is shining, it's 18*C and I'm laying in my bikinitop and snoopyshorts on a blanket in the grass, with my laptop, enjoying the sun, looking around. Seeing the people pass by (our garden is next to the house so you have a view on the street, and the street has a view on you, so now they can see how I'm trying to make my pale legs get some kind of tan :laugh: )...

Smelling the grass.. I could really go for a little ride on my bicycle, to the river, through the beautiful landscape :smile:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:smile:

16. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Love the pics though.

Is it hazy there? It looks quite hazy. Same as here. Not as good as blue blue sky, but still better than being overcast and raining.

17. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

hmm it's a tiny bit hazy, not as hazy as on the pics though, those pics were made about 2 weeks ago or so, when it was beautiful weather just like now. :smile:

it's kind of my ritual.

When I'm down and the sun is shining, I often also take my friend for a walk. :smile: it's so beautiful around here, I'll make some new photos soon :smile: But seriously it's SO beautiful around here, sometimes during the evenings I just sit in the garden on a chair and have tears streaming over my cheeks cos it's so beautiful here, the cows, sheep, donkeys even, lots of green.. ahhh.. :smile: makes me so happy.

18. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

aw, it's so lovely that something like that can raise a mood so much.

Long stay the sun!