For People With Bipoar Disorder

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by tykata, Feb 18, 2011.

?

Is there a history of Bipolar Disorder/Mood Disorders in your family?

1. No, not that I am aware of

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Yes, someone else has/had Bipolar Disorder in my family

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Yes, someone else has/had a Mood Disorder that was not Bipolar in my family

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tykata

tykata Member

I am currently writing a dissertation on Bipolar Disorder a seciton of which addresses the genetic link of Bipolarism. I myself have BipolarII and would like to raise awareness no matter how small. The individual data of you the community will be annonymous and the data numbers themselves will only be used for the dissertation itself, Thank you in advance Tykata (S. Thompson)

2. tykata

tykata Member

My first post was slighly ambiguous and I cant find the edit button, I only need the poll question answering for my research.
    Thank you in advance for your time

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Aunt (paternal), brother, mother; my father is subclinical we think, and there are probably others.

Curiously, I'm the only rapid cycler; it's unclear whether it's bipolar I or II (it was being aggravated by sertraline the times I think I was truly manic)

4. tykata

tykata Member

I'm taking sertraline atm and it's being quite tolerable for me

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

For about 20% of people with bipolar it causes dysphoric manias. I am in that 20%. It should generally not be prescribed to people with bipolar disorder as a result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.