For the girlies, your dream man?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Petal, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

For me anyway he MUST be able to make me laugh. He must have a good sense of humour and be very confident. He also must be able to at least grasp that I suffer with anxiety. A preference I have is, I have a thing for middle eastern men, tall, dark, nice eyes, treats me like a princess! God I am depressing myself now! I am sure I will find Mr. Right one day but for now I can only dream about it. I am excited about finding a boyfriend (and hopefully starting a family one day) and you have to remember there's plenty more fish in the sea!
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

My dream man?

He is smarter than I am and knows more stuff than I do and isn't irritated by incessant questions lol. He is kind and fair and compassionate and thoughtful and funny. He likes to talk - about everything - and wants to communicate about the relationship so we are both aware of the other's needs and wants. He is ambitious and driven - I don't care what his ambitions are or what his drive is for, as long as he wants to 'move forward'. He supports and challenges me. He is sexually open minded and, quite importantly, is genuinely attracted to me sexually and likes having sex with me. He is my best friend.

Oh - and he's taller than me!
    Husky, Cooki, Petal and 1 other person like this.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Someone who is kind and caring and accepting, who doesn't refer to me as unstable. They would truly love me and never give up on me. They would never make me feel ugly or unwanted or inferior. They wouldn't cheat or lie or hurt me. Seems simple enough, but I have only been treated badly and hope that will change one day.
    Husky, Cooki, EFromTexas and 4 others like this.
  4. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

I would love someone really open minded, kind and patient. Someone who puts my insecurities to a rest, who motivates me to move forward, who pushes me to work hard for my dreams. Someone who is ambitious. Intelligence is also a big turn on for me. :D I really dig smart guys.
    Husky and Cooki like this.
  5. GoldenRoses

GoldenRoses Active Member

I just want someone who treats me like I've been treating others my whole life -- with kindness, compassion, loyalty, forgiveness, respect... just an overall good person. Someone who shares my faith would be nice as well. :)

Of course I want to find a handsome man, but I'm so unattractive, I'm left with all the creeps. :S

Wouldn't it be great if real life worked like the fairy tales? The underdog gets swept off her feet by the charming prince, all their dreams come true and they live happily ever after... :)
    Husky, booklovr, EFromTexas and 4 others like this.
  6. partylpoison

partylpoison Active Member

A man who could save me from the pain, and most of all from myself.
  7. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

A man who looks at my scars and isn't disgusted by them. He doesn't have to love them. But I want him to accept them, they are a part of me, they represent the pain I've been through. I want him to love every part of me, even my ugly ones.
    Other than that, taller than me, intellectual, fun, and someone who I can easily talk to and also easily sit with in silence.
    Husky likes this.
  8. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

And passionate, mysterious.. Whom you could share (almost )everything and who is a good listener ?? @ladies
    booklovr likes this.
  9. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

Passionate is a good one, ZaHeeR.
  10. AngelofPainandMisery

AngelofPainandMisery Fails to communicate effectively

I'm not picky,
    I just want someone who would care about me and love me, who would listen to me and really, really care, someone I could open up to and trust, someone who would see my scars and not be disgusted by them. I don't care about race, height or anything like that, but I would want him to love animals and the environment just as much as I do.
    I just want to be loved someday!:( But I know it will never happen, I ask for too much I guess.
    Who would want something like me?
  11. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

A man who likes me for who I am. He's respectful, kind, loyal and knowledgeable.
  12. coraline25

coraline25 Member

(In a fantasy world) It'd be someone who's a bit offbeat, kind, sensitive, thoughtful and intelligent. A dry sense of humour would be brilliant too. I'm not bothered about appearance. I mean, obviously I do and have been attracted to physical aspects of a person, but it's not very important to me at all, and I always think someone becomes physically interesting/endearing when you get to know and love their personality, which is almost magical and much more interesting to me.

I have been developing silly crushes on famous/semi-famous people recently -- it's weird, as until recently I hadn't had a crush on someone in a long time. It's fun. The comedian James Acaster is lovely, I think.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016
  13. GoldenRoses

GoldenRoses Active Member

Agreed, I forgot to mention that! My animals certainly aren't going anywhere, so a future boyfriend would have to be able to put up with them. :)

Also, I need someone that wouldn't judge me for any of my quirks.
    2 people like this.
  14. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

Someone as crazy as I am. But honestly I'm not fit to be in a relationship anyway.
  15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Kind; smart - a thinker and doer; sensitive; sense of humour and loves to laugh; loves people; loves animals; dances; reads fiction and non-fiction; spiritual beliefs - though not necessarily religious; dresses well; believes in social justice and social equity - everyone contributes somehow, everyone is deserving though different; talks about and takes action to help others; loves me and lets me love him; he challenges others (including me) and draws out the best from them; caring, loving, positive, hopeful.

And I'd have to find him reasonably physically attractive, healthy, and fit - whatever that might look like (part of the whole "aura" of Mr. Perfect I suppose).

Of course, I would have to be equal in offering all of the above qualities to him. (Yikes!! I'm probably not dating anyone anytime soon! lol :( )
  16. just_me_again

just_me_again Active Member

Someone sane, stable, and good with money (not rich, just not irresponsible) that won't coddle me every time I melt down but won't completely dismiss my thoughts, feelings, and mental illness. I'd prefer him to have a good family, so that our kids would have a grandparent's house to go to at Christmas and I want him to know that despite being scared of everything, I still want to and will go on adventures.
  17. booklovr

booklovr Well-Known Member

Hmmm Intresting question
    -he needs to get and retort sarcasm
    -he needs to have that sexy body...not bulky but a wide chest from a slim belly.
    -dominant in sex* and submissive in other matters
    -mischevious glint and smile (dimples are bonus)
    -I don't have much choice with height (in 6 ft tall)
    -scholarly ..shud not be stupid and kno stuff....not more than me
    -shud think the world of me and love me and my flaws
  18. mei

mei Active Member

19. mei

mei Active Member

I think that the one trait I need to have apart from kind and interesting is smart. I think I would really like a man who's smart. I like guys who don't put off homeworks and guys who study for tests. Hihi. And I'd really like it if they're taller than me by a foot or so. I'd like a guy who I can talk to about stupid stuff and complicated things too, someone who prefers staying indoors than partying outside, a guy who likes me more than I like him 'cause I don't like feeling like someone who's only being taken for granted and can be tossed just like that. And someone who reads books a lot is also really attractive. I'm also a fan of accents hahaha, especially western ones. I'd also like it if they can just hug me when I ask without having to force me to talk about things I don't want to.
  20. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

My boyfriend, basically. (lucky, huh)

One who can make me laugh like an idiot when I've got tears streaming down my face
    One who can melt me with his smile
    One who respects me, and my past... and doesn't even try to push my boundaries.
    One who has just a bit of brain, I can't do the 'stupid hunk' thing... it's not cute to me
    One who treats others with respect as well
    Good with children, I want my chance to raise the loving family I never had
    I do like one who's a bit taller
    I like big hands...
    I like glasses
    And most importantly... someone trustworthy... someone I can trust... and that takes a lot with my history with the male sex...
    Cooki likes this.