For the hell of it. Do you?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LaLaLullaby, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaLaLullaby

LaLaLullaby Well-Known Member

Does anyone here cut for something else besides emotional release? I do it for the blood. It's fun. Not even when I'm upset either, because it's hard to appreciate its beauty. I've tried to do it during hard times as a 'let all go', but it doesn't work. Normally I don't tell people. They think I'm absolutely insane for having such a hobby that I can easily avoid (I only cut when there is an opportunity- otherwise I can go without it for months).

Anyone feel me?

2. marie

marie Member

I cut all the time, it's a habit for me, but it's the same kinda thing. Nothing in my life changes how much I cut, really. It's not emotional release, really. Again, it's the blood. It fascinates me, how much can come from such a tiny wound, yet if you dig a little deeper, losing all that beauty could and would kill you. It's a fascination.

3. sometimes it helps me focus and find my center, othertimes its apt punishment for being a prick.

4. LaLaLullaby

Marie: Oo. Gotcha.

Ze: I see.

5. Is This It

Is This It Well-Known Member

I love the look of cuts and the colour of blood, I often cut just to watch it bleed.

6. sometimes seeing mortality seep out of your arms is tantalizing...sorry if that sounded creepy :blink:

7. LaLaLullaby

"I love the look of cuts and the colour of blood, I often cut just to watch it bleed."

Me too =)

"sometimes seeing mortality seep out of your arms is tantalizing...sorry if that sounded creepy"

Me too! Haha...I don't tell most people that though >_>

8. it is an addiction many are afraid to acknowledge, and most often place it as a social inability.

9. zusanna

zusanna Active Member

oh i absolutely do. sometimes just out of boredom. to see how deep i can cut or how much i can bleed. or just to create a pretty design. blood is beautiful and i've gotten used to seeing it every day.

10. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think, ''I'll go and cut for a little bit''. Ha, just like that. It's so normal to me. It's almost an everyday occurance.

11. Miss_D

Miss_D Member

Ive done the same, to me its just another way of exploring myself, testing pain thresholds, finding out how much blood comes from different places. Its natural curiosity for me :smile: Although it is sometimes just for the hell of it, Ive written my name out of sheer boredom in the past :rolleyes:

12. LaLaLullaby

It's interesting...most of the people who commented on this topic seem to make themselves bleed daily. I don't, but still interesting.

Ze'ev-Hayalim
    "it is an addiction many are afraid to acknowledge, and most often place it as a social inability."

I don't know about social inability in all cases...

zusanna
    "oh i absolutely do. sometimes just out of boredom. to see how deep i can cut or how much i can bleed. or just to create a pretty design. blood is beautiful and i've gotten used to seeing it every day."

Yeah. Great curiousity can hurt sometimes. (stupid pun in many ways :p)

Ruby
    "Sometimes I think, ''I'll go and cut for a little bit''. Ha, just like that. It's so normal to me. It's almost an everyday occurance."

Yeah...I guess desensitization comes, when you do it enough. Doesn't upset me either, but I don't do it often. Used to.

Darvonator
    "Ive done the same, to me its just another way of exploring myself, testing pain thresholds, finding out how much blood comes from different places. Its natural curiosity for me Although it is sometimes just for the hell of it, Ive written my name out of sheer boredom in the past "

I wonder...if you had another way of finding out (suppose you were a doctor and had a guinea pig patient), would you still do it to yourself?

13. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

Wait, so you cut becuase you like "the look"? So you're doing this as some kind of sick fashion statement? If this is true then you are probably one of the most stupid twats I have come across on these boards. If this is not true, well, just ignore that comment then. I've seen a few posts here that are absolutely disgusting. People cutting becuase they like the look or they think the blood is pretty!? You've got more wrong with you than the people who cut for a reason and you give everyone here who cuts for a reason a bad name, please go crawl in a ditch now.

Anyways... I cut if I'm feeling frustrated about something, like if I forget about something like homework then I'm inclined to cut (I just did today in class becuase I forgot to get a current event :wink: ). Lately (started around 2 years ago) I've been having a short term memory loss problem and it's really getting on my nerves :mad: . So for me it's more of punishment thing, I do it sometimes for emotional release, though. But forgetting stuff isn't my only reason for cutting, I cut if I think I was a prick to someone or for anything that I think is punishable.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2007
  14. Miss_D

Miss_D Member

Yeah Im pretty sure I would, Its curiosity about myself, other people are naturally gonna be different. Not to mention I cut for a number of reasons, the exploration tends to happen whenIm not feeling like I should punish myself or escape or whatever.

15. If someone cuts for the 'look' of it, who the fuck are you to condemn him/her, keep those kind of self righteous comments to yourself. this is a thread about self-harm, not some holier then thou guilt trip, do us a favor and crawl into that same ditch you speak of.

16. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yes. My reasons below. .
    l
    V

1. To get the releif feeling.

2. To punish myself.

3. To distract myself.

4. Another option other than suicide.

5. To feel.

6. To make my outside match the inside.

---those would be my reasons---

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2007
  17. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

Are you that stupid? You ask who the fuck am I? Well, sir, I'm a guy with real problems, not some kind of sick sense of fashion. If someone does it for the look, it means they think it looks cool which in turn gives everyother person out there who cuts for a reason a bad name. If people go around flaunting cuts becuase they think it looks cool, well then what are people going to think of people who cut for a reason eh? They're going to think we do it becuase we think it looks cool, not becuase we have a problem, but because we think it looks cool. So when some poor teen is caught cutting perhaps with thoughts of committing suicide that could be helped, it's going to be dismissed as some kind of sick fashion statement becuase these dumbfucks think that cutting looks cool. Here's one likely scenario -

Therapist: "So you like to cut yourself?"
    Moron: "Yeah..."
    Therapist: "Why?"
    Moron: " 'Cuzz I tink it looks cool, and I lik the kulur red"
    Therapist: "Oh, well I guess you aren't depressed then, you're just an idiot who needs some special education" - *claps hands* - "Problem solved!"

I'll tell you one thing, real cuts are the ones that are never seen. If people go around flaunting it like twats people are going to start thinking that it's all just some kind of show and not the kind of mental issue that it really is (which is already starting to happen). If you can't see the importance of this then I sudgest that you sit down, and have a nice hot cup of STFU.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2007
  18. LaLaLullaby

Anamnesis:
    I understand where you're coming from, but I believe cutting isn't limited to people who are upset. It's for everyone who wants to.

Miss_D:
    I wonder if I would...I don't know. Probably. I've cut with my friends for blood-tasting, but I still cut myself. Hm. Then again, we never cut too deep with each other...Parents would catch on, then bye bye friend and hello restrictions. x_x

Carolyn:
    I see.

19. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Each your points have they're justification, but it won't do any good to fight. Besides, from the sound of it she mentioned liking the look of it more for herself then for others.

20. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

Ah, thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. Anyways, what is this blood tasting that you speak of? Do you actually taste eachothers blood or something? Don't worry, I'm not going to freak out on you, I'm just curious as to what this is.

Well, even besides liking it for yourself; If someone sees you doing it and then asks why and you give them a stupid ass answer like that, you're going to damage the credibility of people who cut for a more legitimate reason. If you like the color of red on your arm so much just squirt ketchup over it, or use paint, anything but go around and be an idiot by damaging the credibility of others.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.