"For the lulz"

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lifelover, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifelover

lifelover Well-Known Member

Have you ever thought about killing yourself for no apparent reason? Your life is fair and good and then you look at something ordinary and you have a migraine attack of something followed by a monumental headache and you just think "let´s fucking die!"!?
  2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Umm, no. Suicide is quite a serious issue and i find it hard to believe anyone would just want to die for no reason. I think we all have our personal issues behind thinking that suicide is right for us but "for the lulz" is not one of them.
  3. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I've always had plenty of reasons why I think I should suicide.
  4. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

No, I've always had reasons for wanting to commit suicide.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No,I've always had reasons too. :blink:
  6. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

People probably look at my life and go "Hes clearly thinking about suicide for the lulz" as u put it. My dad thinks I have nothing to complain about, I'm certain other members of my family feel the same way. But I always have reasons when Im contemplating suicide.
  7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I have reasons. If you're ending your life to escape pain it's understandable, but for no reason? Perhaps you should talk to someone professional if it's a serious thought.
  8. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Same here. I always have a reason. I agree...you should talk to a doctor.
  9. lifelover

Hey thanks for the replies.

Yeah well actually i´m seeing two doctors and taking meds and i´m recovering but sometimes i feel good but at the same time it´s like i have a suicide fixation. The other day i was calm, having lunch at a place and i saw a couple kissing and loneliness kicked me in the face and i thought "let´s fucking die!". It just happens that was, not just loneliness. All this years i´ve been secretly in pain with depression and anxiety, it was a gradual process but now...it hits me suddenly and i can not help but to laugh, but trust me, it´s in frustration. I really think "let´s do it for the lulz". I think i´m sick.

Sorry for my english.
  10. lonelymortal

lonelymortal Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you just have some impulsive moments. I have moments where I feel like taking a knife and stabbing myself in the head but I never go through with it. I've felt like killing people "for the lulz" too. I think it's just impulses and you shouldn't look too deep into it. By the way no need to apologize for your english when you clearly speak it very well.
  11. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

No, I have my reasons for wanting to "leave". It could be something mental thats making you feel that way.
  12. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Through the ups and the downs... I'm always thinking of suicide.
    It seems much better to be dead than alive.
    So I guess I would say yeah. There are plenty of good nights with friends when I'm like... let's just fucking die. And I'm only like 25% joking but it's always taken as a joke. I guess it's mostly the fact that I don't want the good times to end... because everything ends.
  13. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i think everyone has a different view of suicide
    and everyone has different reasons
    if you're thinking 'randomly' about killing yourself
    i don't necessarily think it's random, but perhaps you have some unconscious pain inside for some reason.
    i kind of get what you mean though
    i have been completely calm before and thought about all the times i've wanted to end my life, and thought it might actually be the best thing to do - even though there was nothing troubling me at that time.
    it sounds odd, i know, but there was some rational thinking behind it.
    hope you feel better soon hun x
  14. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I feel suicidal when I'm happy or sad. I can't it out of my head it seems. And when I feel suicidal I never can say why I'm suicidal...doctors always ask me and I can't think of any reasons. I just want to. So I know how you feel.
  15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Same :console:
  16. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I've thought of my suicide as being "for the lulz". I mean that I'd make it funny so people could get a hearty laugh out of it. Just because you're dead doesn't mean you can't make someone's day.
  17. lifelover

I sense Sarcasm. I was serious!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.