For those cuts that will never heal.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Khloe, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

I've self harmed for 6 years. I can go maybe 6 weeks without cutting at all, but then something happens, and bang, i cut again.
    Its always my left arm, not so much my wrist, but the actual arm.
    The scars i have now, have never really faded, not completely. I can't go anywhere without people asking what they are..
    I've even used the excuse "they're cat sratches" weather people beleive me or not, i'm not sure.

Anyway, anybody else with scars that will never heal?
  2. stig

stig Well-Known Member

i have scars on my heart that others have caused, i don't feel that they will ever go or heal.
  3. AnotherFallenStar

AnotherFallenStar Well-Known Member

Yes all over my shoulders, hips and thighs. They're really noticeable. I'll never be able to wear a swim suit again.
  4. lozzie

lozzie Well-Known Member

i do. I have 4 on my left arm clearly 3 of them arnt 'cat scratches' so when people ask i just dont answer. i have loads on my stomach so beginning to fade, and some on my upper thighs.
    i would really like one on my wrist to go- its worse in winter when its cold and the appear more visibly
  5. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

All my self commited scars from last year and previously are now gone, however there are a couple on my arms that really aren't anything to do with me. You know when you just randomly notice cuts and bruises? It's rather annoying having to keep them covered since all my friends are mega dramatic XD
  6. non-existent

non-existent Active Member

I have some permanent scars on the arms and one on the leg (about this one I can say "accident" i.e. it look like and accident for it is a large scar from many cuts and burns in the same place). Permanent, red and large burn scars on both breast.

I wish it was more, complete arms at least.
  7. Darkness Inside

Darkness Inside Account Closed

I have about 10 scars on my left arm, and 4 small scars on my right. When I use to cut I'd sat the cats did it its obvious they didn't. I begining self harm again its not serious yet. It going to get to real cutting instead of scratches. I just know it.
  8. assek

assek Well-Known Member

i had to have surgery on mine...
  9. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

i have scars on my arms and legs but its the scars in my mind the ones you cant see the ones that keep opening up and letting the poison out into my head and taking me to places i wish didnt exhist
  10. KoNfUsEd

KoNfUsEd Active Member

I dont normally post on here but this i kinda had to... im the same always my left arm only have about 8 on my right. Hurt my left arm so many times i wouldnt dare go out without long sleeves. Even work iv changed there uniform!!.. guess im hoping heart on the left i eventually get lucky with a serious one? Well.. i dream...
  11. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that cutting yourself is a good thing and i think you will slowly stop in your own time. But in the meantime why do you cut your arms where it is quite visible. why not a more concealed part of the body?

This is something iv'e often wondered about other people who cut. i go for the tops of the feet as scars and cuts are hidden under shoes for the majority of the year.
  12. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Ive cut my left arm hundreds of times so bad it's kinda deformed. There is definitely permanent damage. Try some vitamin E oil to help fade the redness.
  13. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

Why the arms?
  14. Johnnyc

I think it's easy access and to me hurts more.
  15. KoNfUsEd

KoNfUsEd Active Member

My arms are never visible. I never leave the house without a sweater/jacket or hoody but in one sense i do understand what you are saying guess for me its been the same for years my arms are the 1st point of attack.I can still use it after a deep cut... If it was my foot people would know iv hurt it?
  16. Johnnyc

Ive cut my foot three times, two times I nicked a vein.
  17. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

i rarley cut my arms as im paranoid about someone finding out and people are used to me walking around in a short T shirt.

yes, cutting your feet does hurt and putting on shoes is a bastard but i think that because it hurts a lot for so long that i might not do it hopeful...again and again
  18. StarryNightSky

StarryNightSky Well-Known Member

I've got a few on my arms and legs, and some on my stomach, but there's one on my hand that's really hard to hide.
  19. KoNfUsEd

KoNfUsEd Active Member

that makes perfect sense. I mean when i "hurt" my arm... the next day i cant wait to put pressure on it at work just so i know its still there it sort of keeps you going until the next time. :-(
  20. non-existent

non-existent Active Member

Another question...

Would you even like your scars to heal? If you were offered they could completely go away forever and you had to do nothing for it just say yes, would you do it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.