1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those living in UK

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by fallingangie, Jan 18, 2011.

  1. fallingangie

    fallingangie Well-Known Member

    I am not a Uk citizen.. but currently shifted to Coventry for the next six months. I am here on a tourist visa. I heard that people get free therapy here... how should i apply for this and where do i have to go in order to get this help?

    thank u
  2. Ignored

    Ignored Staff Alumni

    Register for a gp if you haven't already and they'll refer you if they feel it necessary. There are waiting lists though and you may be lucky to get therapy before you have to leave if you're only staying for 6 months... waiting lists can be over a year long. Actually having re-read your post I think you'll be lucky to get any therapy on a tourist visa... I don't think you'd be eligible, only for emergency medical assistance.
  3. GreyCat

    GreyCat Well-Known Member

    I think you can get it on the NHS, you would need to get a National Insurance Number. I Think. Call into your nearest doctors surgery and ask them about it in the reception. They will be able to tell you if you can get free healthcare. YOu should be able to. I think you need to register at a Doctors thats near where you live, or whatever address you are using. Good luck.
  4. GreyCat

    GreyCat Well-Known Member

    Just read Ignored's post. Maybe it's right, but I would check anyway.
  5. byebyebeautiful

    byebyebeautiful Account Closed

    Only British citizens can get free health care (to my knowledge, although apparently a lot of illegals get it free too, but not sure how true that is!) if your here on a visitors visa you wont be eligible for free health care.