For those people who believe in God...

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Freya, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am posting here as I am asking questions - I am aware that many people here do not believe in God and I don't want to create an inflammatory thread, but if this needs moving to Soap Box then please someone with a Mod Wand do the honours.

My questions are to the people who believe in God (any God is fine):

Do you believe there is a point where someone is so 'bad' that God gives up on them/forsakes them?
    Do you think that it is possible for a person to be beyond redemption?

Thank you xx

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

God never gives up, only people do...and no one is beyond redemption unless they stop themselves from it...

It's easy to think that if I give up then so must god...but god isn't human so...that being said, I think that we must do everything in our power to help ourselves first, to break all those bad habits we we're thought by society and restructure our own lives...you count, so don't put yourself last

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I have become a paratheist in my old age so I am the last one to ask regarding the G-d rules...one thing I do know, is that you are a good person and deserve goodness and kindness...and yes, I have become more 'here and now' too as I am not sure what will happen after this chapter

4. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

I don't believe but from one belife Satan is the incarnation of evil in itself. Not too sure if biblical tersm go beyond Satan, but previous to being the "devil" he was an Angel himself. I think "God" would forgive and welcome Satan back, but I don't think it's about forgiveness persay, but for that being to understand and resist whatever "darkness" is in or around them.
    I don't think there is a beyond redemption but I do think it's not a clean cut case. It's an earnt thing, in some other stories people have in essence damn and exiled themselves when they reach the awareness of their own "evils". They may have overcome them but the retribution owed back has to be endured. Spose that's a degree of Karma in itself.

You'd have to be preeeetttty far gone to be even considered that extreame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.