For Those Who Believe in An Afterlife

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Michael Ayin, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Ayin

Michael Ayin Well-Known Member

What do you think it's really like?

Do you have any experiences to lead you as such (NDE, etc.)?

What is different about them compared to common beliefs (fundamentalist)?

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I believe in the possible existence of an astral world, where our spirits will go after our bodies are dead. I don't think it's like heaven though, rather more like how our world is. Good spirits, bad spirits all living together. Once the after-life is over then it's time for reincarnation and start life all over again. :smile:

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I hope it's a lot better then this place. But we can still meet the people we knew in the current life.

At times I think we are re-born as a baby child. We have no recollection of our previous life, so every one of us has no idea what happend in the life before this one. So once we leave this body, we'll be on our way to having a completely different experience - as an entirely different person.

The thought of this actually excites me :laugh:. Maybe that's why I don't feel a very bad way about suicide? But I guess unhappiness can 'propel' it.

I like to think that I'll get a better life after this one :). I hope all of us here at SF do, :hug:.

4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Nihil.

There is nothing for me, waiting. I accept this, completely.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I beleive in the spirit world and then reincarnation..

6. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Myself and my family have had experiences with ghosts before, so I definitely believe that all or some of us, turn into ghosts when we die. How long for, I'm not certain of.

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I put my hope in the promises of Yahweh. He promised a new heavens and new earth that will be the restoration of how this one was meant to be: without suffering, death, aging, and illnesses. No violence, lies, or corruption. Everything will meek, and peaceful even lions, bears, and any other animal that normally poses a threat in this world. And he also promises kingship along his son in this world and the next for those who willingly learn and live by his word today through the baptism and belief in his son Yahshua's name and sacrifice for our rebellious natures and ways. Not to mention the blessings and rewards right now for the efforts. How is this different than other beliefs? I only know of one other belief and that is satanism, and they believe you should live only for the here and now doing as YOU want and YOU please. That there is no sin and so on. I only looked forward to death as a satanist. People often think that people of my faith only focus on the later, but it takes effort on the here and now, on how we are to live at peace, and in love with Yahweh and our fellow man. In other words being the best person all the way round. Blessings..

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Would you be willing to share some of your paranormal experiences? I have always been fascinated with paranormal investigations and one of my favourite tv shows was 'A Haunting.' Was your old house haunted?

9. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

There's little point in speculating what no person can ever know.

With no evidence being otherwise, as far as I am concerned there is nothing after living. Same as before you were born.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.