For those who have lost someone

I lost my mother almost 2 years ago. I was reading old emails from a few close friends regarding my loss and I came across this poem that was sent by one of them.

I would like to share it with those who have lost their parent(s), grandparent(s), sibling(s) or even friend(s) :

She Is Just Away

You cannot say, you must not say
That she is dead. She is just away!
With a cheery smile
and a wave of the hand
She has wandered into
an unknown land
And left us dreaming how very fair
it needs must be, since she lingers there;
So think of her faring on, as dear
In the love of There
as in the love of Here,
Think of her still as the same, and say
She is not dead she is just away.

or

He Is Just Away

You cannot say, you must not say
That he is dead. He is just away!
With a cheery smile
and a wave of the hand
He has wandered into
an unknown land
And left us dreaming how very fair
it needs must be, since he lingers there;
So think of him faring on, as dear
In the love of There
as in the love of Here,
Think of him still as the same, and say
He is not dead he is just away.

Also, for those who would like to share stories on their loss or just rant about how much you miss them - please feel free to do so. I know it helps me a lot by talking about my late mother.

For those who have not experienced it, you can join in by telling us lovely things about your parents, grandparents or siblings. Anything.

corang

That poem is just wow its amazing! It kind of reminds me of my grandfather ... november last year cancer took him away. We all knew it came back months before but he only had tests done about 2 weeks before he passed. He was ready to go ... hed even said that and he meant it, that makes it easier for me knowing he was. It hurt yeah but alot of pain is eased knowing that.

He lived a VERY amazing life. 11 kids 20 years in the military so many stories of jobs people he met things he did. RIP

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
My bro oh god um he was all alone no one cared i should of been there the pain will never go there are no words to take the pain away it should have never happened never. i will never forgive myself for not being there for him never

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00