For whom are you recovering for?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by boo, Aug 24, 2010.

?

For whom are you recovering for?

1. For the significant other/lover.

11.5%
  2. For the kids.

3.8%
  3. For my parents.

23.1%
  4. For my Pets.

11.5%
  5. For my friends.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. For myself.

38.5%
  7. I don't want to recover

7.7%
  8. Other reasons, please specify.

3.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

For those suffering with depression, getting better can mean worlds to other people who have been suffering along with us. I wish to know if you are on your way to recovery or trying to recover, for who are you doing in it for?

Me, altough i'm not trying to recover, but if i was it would be for my family.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I'm not on my way to recovery, or even close. However, I exist and live for my pets. They drive me to get up each day.

3. Things

Things Well-Known Member

My family. My mom's recovering (recovered?) for me and my grandma.

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm recovering out of spite for the depression. It tried to ruin my life, and good living is the best revenge :D

5. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

jessica alba, she told me she would stop dating me if i wont :unsure:

6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

!!!!!

7. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

I don't want to recover.:sad: At least I don't think I can anymore, just have totally given up hope for any recovery, wonder if I could have filled in for someone else my mindset would be different.:lone:

8. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

ok then, a bit more serious, obviously for meself. beside a mother and a brother i have no familie,
    no wife no children nada. i would recover for meself, not for them

9. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

It has to be recovering for me. If you're not recovering for yourself, I don't believe that you've recovered properly, cause *you* have to want it for yourself. Or well, that's what I think. I admittedly *did* almost pick that I am recovering for my pets... but first and foremost I am recovering for me.

TDM

10. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I chose for myself, because although it would hugely impact and benefit my family and friends I would in turn benefit from that. If that makes any sense. My brain isn't working at all tonight, and my vocabulary has taken a serious hit.

My recovery would actually be detrimental for my cat, who currently gets to spend all day with me at home. She sometimes has a job persuading me to get up to feed her, but my depression is no match for a persistent hungry cat.

Mim

11. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

For my pup. Well, I'm not really trying to recover for her. I'm just trying to stick around long enough to take care of her. Once she's gone, I'll probably go too.

12. fallingangie

fallingangie Well-Known Member

For myself ofcourse, but its not getting any easy. I mean this whole recovering process can be really hard...often I loose all my hope and want to fall back into depression but then i try to sum up my courage and fight it. I don't know how long it can go this way, I guess once my problems get solved, i can fully recover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.