For Winston (Re: for thos who feel let down by life)

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by FoundAndLost1, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S'cuse me do I curb your enthusiasm by stating the obvious - you have not possibly lived long enough inspite of your experience to pass judgement on those who are truly weary with life. You are pompous and without empathy. Humbleness and walking a mile in the worst shoes will teach you much...If you are so intersted, you will one day come to a place where you wish you didn't know so much

For “Winston”

Dear young one, yet so sure;
    Claiming you have seen a bountiful slice of life
    And now know all there is to know!
    Claiming there’s not need to despair
    All will work out
    All will be fair
    According to you
    No reason to doubt
    But you do not walk a mile in
    someone else’s shoes
    Yet without empathy,
    you hold no clues
    as to what true suffering is.
    You’ve not been through the fire
    over and again
    You’ve not met Doubt face to face
    So who are you, dear naïve one?
    To proclaim your ‘certain’ knowledge
    that all will be alright, will suffice;
    that to all there will be forthcoming
    comfort and delight
    when you have not suffered the plight
    of those who have been besought
    by endless, foreboding,
    fathomless nights
    Though hope does come to some
    yours is not yet won,
    for you’ve not lost it yet.

FAL1

2. winston

winston Well-Known Member

Hmmm, to be honest, I don't think there was much need for that.

Firstly, I find it strange that you can judge me say that I have no idea how some are suffering, yet you seem to have it within you to judge me, which is quite frustrating to be honest.You know nothing of me, and I can assure you I have had my fair share of experiences in my life to know how shitty it can be.Just because I didn't feel obliged to spill all in my opening few posts, doesn't mean I haven't felt hurt at stages in life.I've seen those effected by suicide and it saddens me, I've seen a best friend lose his mother to it on the weekend of his 18th birthday, and I've seen 2 of my grandfathers suffer months of pain to die out on a whimper.I live in a town blanketed by depression, a woman jumped off a boat outside my house and was chopped up in front of her kids, so please don't try and pass judgment on me so soon.I haven't passed judgment on anyone, I have tried to help and will continue to do so.If people aren't going to encourage hope, then what way is it going to come about.

I'm pompous and without empathy?

How, may i ask, can you judge me like that, without knowing a thing about me?Id that is your outlook, fair enough, but you're not really looking at me when you speak those words.

I'm not in the slightest bit pompous, and have spent more time worrying for others than myself, which is something which I simply cannot control.

I never claimed to know so much, I just wanted to let people know that there's more to life than dying, regardless of what situation they are in.People owe the opportunity of living to themselves.

Btw, Nice poem and put together well, but that's not me you are talking about, and to be honest, you could not be further from the truth.

Regards

Winston.

3. There are many of us for whom living has taken too great a toll.

If you already know this, then you are in fact wise beyond your years.
    If you do not, then you have much to learn...

FAL1

4. winston

Do you honestly believe death is your only option?

I sincerely hope not.

regards

winston.

5. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Nice poem, regardless if it can be applied to winston or not.

For some people, there is indeed simply no way out of their suffering, aside from suicide, except, perhaps, for some lobotomy-like surgery, which, obviously, isn't an option. I have not yet come to this stage, but I most likely will in the future. Of course, however; regardless if I'm happy in the future or not, due to my obsession with keeping my good looks, I have to die, unless science can stop, or even reverse, aging, soon.

Maybe you will understand the many facets of depression in the future, winston. Indeed, however; at that stage, you may wish you never had.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2007
  6. winston

Absolutely ridiculous.

Obsession with your good looks?What about those who don't have good looks?

I can see why people get depressed with certain factors in life, but good looks?

I'm not buying it I'm afraid.

7. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I am not proud of being obsessed with beauty. It is saddening and unfair that some do not have good looks, and hopefully, it won't affect the quality of their lives. This certainly is not the way with me, however; I am obsessed with the keeping of my good looks. My looks aren't perfect, though; since many years back, I've thought about plastic surgery. Although the thoughts of it have lessened a lot, I still definitely will have skin peeling done. I often wish I could be turned into a perfectly beautiful robot.

You don't have to buy it; it won't change anything if you do or not. The unability to keep my good looks is, however, hardly the only reason I am depressed and suicidal. There are so many other reasons...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2007
  8. winston

To be fair, your last post pointed at that.

It's a sad affair when people can't be happy with what they have got.

I'm sure people will find you beautiful as much now in 10 or so years from now.

you need to realise this, and not get so down.:smile:

9. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Other reasons are inability to help absolutely everyone who deserves and/or desperately needs help in this world, the knowledge that evil is far stronger than the good, that most people around the world live in misery, that I will never find my true love, that I have no friends, that I can't talk to anyone about my sadness, that flies exist, that mites exist on my body and produce larvae that crawl around on my body, that everything requires so much energy to be done, that food is dirty and with bugs, yet I must eat it, that I'm filled with frustrations about the smallest things, that I don't really enjoy anything...

I'm sure I can come up with more reasons, but those are all I can think of, right now.

Are you satisfied, now?

10. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I didn't see your reply, so please overlook my comment on if it satisfied you.

11. Pardon me for sounding confused. But why was one member singled out for judgement by other members? Looking around the forum I see alot of opinions, many of which I do not agree with but I do not make threads about each of those members. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I would think that if one member has an issue with another it the thread should be made in letters to management as that section was developed to handle such matters. I will say I feel Winston has done a fine job of handling an unwarranted attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.